OKNA Insultec 500 Deluxe Series

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
beanpod

OKNA Insultec 500 Deluxe Series

#1 Post by beanpod »

Greetings!

I am looking to replace all the windows in my house with OKNA iNSULTEC 500 Deluxe double hung windows.

I have received two quotes. Both seem reputable companies. I live in southeast PA. $1500 difference in price.

Am I getting identical OKNA windows from both companies? Can there be any differences between the windows that a novice can't visualize? ie vinyl thickness? stronger meeting rail? thicker balance system? The higher bid quote company is telling me this is a possibility.

Is there value in a lifetime installation warranty that is transferable?

Windows on Washington

Re: OKNA Insultec 500 Deluxe Series

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There will be no difference in the product. The only difference could be in installation consumables and application and/or warranty protections.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Same product as long as apples to apples options are applied. As WoW alluded to though, installation and the company standing behind it are very important factors. A better installation and superior service after the sale do have value. If those items actually seem better from the company with the lower bid, well then you have a win all the way around.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If the 500DX has the same options it is the same window.

I would suggest looking at the 800DX it is our favorite.

theWindowNerd.

Sano

#5 Post by Sano »

The new okna 600 series will have reinforcement and most of the features the 800 has from what i was told. Its a very high end window and priced very well.
Does Okna offer laminated glass?
Last edited by Sano on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Yes. It isn't cheap...but it's available.

coachgreg

#7 Post by coachgreg »

Does this window (okna 500) come equipped with reinforcement? I am told by many pro’s on this board that reinforcement in the sash meeting rail is important. The okna 600 is reinforced, the 500 series is not. The Majestic series by Ideal is another high end window that seems highly recommended and it is also reinforced. The standard ideal windows are only average at best but the Majestic series is real sharp looking.
Last edited by coachgreg on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

Composite reinforcement is only available in the Okna 600 and 800 series, not the 500 or 400.