Okna Starmark & Rehau 4700 Hinged Patio Door

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Ode4minerva

Okna Starmark & Rehau 4700 Hinged Patio Door

#1 Post by Ode4minerva »

To paraphrase Sinead O’Connor, signing Prince (or the artist formerly known as), it’s been 7 years and some days since my window search began. It ended today with a signed contract with Dave of Strong Windows (Window4U). I’ve lurked these forums in quiet, taking in all the postings and responses, always verifying, checking and processing. When I made initial contact with Dave, it took all of 2 weeks to cinch the deal. Dave was always responsive, whether in the middle of a meal or driving (for a consult) to far flung locations that made me marvel.

My project calls for 9 Okna Starmark D/H windows and 1 Rehau 4700 Hinged Patio door with laminate glass from Advanced Windows.

I must also give a shout-out to Advanced Windows here in Chicago who have never failed to be 100% certifiably, helpful every time I visited or called their showroom.

Thank you all for sharing your questions, your thoughts, your concerns, your wisdom. Without these forums, I likely would still be wandering in the wilderness.

Dave, don’t let me down; please shine as you’ve never shine in your 45-years in the business. Ha, ha :D

It seems inadequate, but THANK YOU!!!!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna Starmark & Rehau 4700 Hinged Patio Door

#2 Post by masterext »

I wouldnt have any worries about Dave, the guy is the best in the industry. Let him do his thing.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

You made a very wise decision. Dave is the Jedi Master Yoda level.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1.

Your research (maybe bordering on overkill...but there is a bit of self admission in the 7 year reference :lol: :lol: ) did pay off with a great product and great contractor.

Keep us posted how it goes.

Ode4minerva

#5 Post by Ode4minerva »

Windows on Washington wrote:+1.

Your research (maybe bordering on overkill...but there is a bit of self admission in the 7 year reference :lol: :lol: ) did pay off with a great product and great contractor.

WoW:
My admission was nuanced, but you saw it. Were you a philosophy major? LOL!

That said, had I pulled the trigger earlier, I still would have had lingering doubts whether I made the right decision; whether I used the right company for the install, etc. I started out convinced Marvin was the way to go. I was told by wood-window proponents that it was the benchmark; that vinyl was a poor substitute and to be avoided. Marvin is certainly a good company; I liked what I have seen of its products, but Marvin's products did not fully address all my needs. Yet, I could not see another alternative.

In was only after I discovered this site that the fog began to clear, that I learned what to look for in assessing windows. What I appreciate most about the pros here is the apparent objective metrics used to judge windows. For example, I did not see any glaring biases against wood windows. Rather, your main concern seem to ask, "what is the customer's objective?" I get the sense you guys all think wood window has a place depending on a customer's objectives. I cannot say the pro-wood proponents were as judicious or kind in their view of vinyl. In fact, many of the more vocal pros here seem to deal in vinyl, wood, fiberglass and espouse the merit of each. I was attracted to that mindset, and I became opened to what you all had to say.

The next time I need windows, 7 years to pull the trigger will indeed be overkill!

Ode4minerva

#6 Post by Ode4minerva »

Delaware Mike wrote:You made a very wise decision. Dave is the Jedi Master Yoda level.
DM, I cannot tell you how reassured I am by your sentiment.

Ode4minerva

#7 Post by Ode4minerva »

masterext wrote:I wouldnt have any worries about Dave, the guy is the best in the industry. Let him do his thing.
Then who am I to get in his way!

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Ode4minerva wrote:

WoW:

That said, had I pulled the trigger earlier, I still would have had lingering doubts whether I made the right decision; whether I used the right company for the install, etc. I started out convinced Marvin was the way to go. I was told by wood-window proponents that it was the benchmark; that vinyl was a poor substitute and to be avoided. Marvin is certainly a good company; I liked what I have seen of its products, but Marvin's products did not fully address all my needs. Yet, I could not see another alternative.

In was only after I discovered this site that the fog began to clear, that I learned what to look for in assessing windows. What I appreciate most about the pros here is the apparent objective metrics used to judge windows. For example, I did not see any glaring biases against wood windows. Rather, your main concern seem to ask, "what is the customer's objective?" I get the sense you guys all think wood window has a place depending on a customer's objectives. I cannot say the pro-wood proponents were as judicious or kind in their view of vinyl. In fact, many of the more vocal pros here seem to deal in vinyl, wood, fiberglass and espouse the merit of each. I was attracted to that mindset, and I became opened to what you all had to say.

The next time I need windows, 7 years to pull the trigger will indeed be overkill!
Thank you for the kind words about all the pros on this forum.

Unless you are buying another home, you are one and done on the window front.

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other projects that you need help noodling through.

Ode4minerva

#9 Post by Ode4minerva »

Windows on Washington wrote:
Ode4minerva wrote:

WoW:

Thank you for the kind words about all the pros on this forum.

Unless you are buying another home, you are one and done on the window front.

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other projects that you need help noodling through.

This home is a test run; have others in need of windows or will need windows.