Help for replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
suzinAZ

Help for replacement windows

#1 Post by suzinAZ »

Hi. I started my search for new vinyl replacement windows just over a week ago and I am being inundated with salesmen and am left confused. They contradict each other to questions I ask and I am just looking for a reliable company with a good product. Can anyone here recommend a good company that provides a decent double-paned window that withstands Arizona's summer heat? I have 8 windows I am replacing, so it is not a small job. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Windows on Washington

Re: Help for replacement windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Suzi,

Tell us more about your project. Are you just looking at white, vinyl windows with a solar control Low-e?

What brands have you seen so far?

suzinAZ

#3 Post by suzinAZ »

I am looking for low-e, double paned, mixture of windows, in an almond color. Mostly single hung, one half round, one slider. I would prefer as energy efficient as possible. So far quotes are from Alside Mezzo, Window World and Amsco.

Thanks!

fridge2020

#4 Post by fridge2020 »

Sounds like a veritable sh!+ sandwhich. I'd start from scratch.

meadows3

#5 Post by meadows3 »

Our window search started out in similar fashion, confusing high pressure sales– it was a mess. The pro’s on this website are very, very helpful and guided me in finding better window brands for where I live (north Texas). And what options were best for our climate

I then went on Angies List and found highly rated installers in my area for the brands I was interested in. It was a night and day experience: clear, straight forward sales pitch, a written bid, and no pressure to sign anything before we were ready.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Which series Amsco?