Windows with dark oak inside and brown outside

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
td4444

Windows with dark oak inside and brown outside

#1 Post by td4444 »

Got a quote from Simonton but their charge for a painted exterior is unreal. Midway is only $77.00 for the painted exterior. I want dark oak interior and a painted musket brown or close exterior. I'm in Indiana. Considering Midway but would like to see a few more. I need all casements. Can anyone suggest a few more companies that offer the above options. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

HomeSealed

Re: Windows with dark oak inside and brown outside

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

td, most vinyl manufacturers that are considered mid-range and up will offer that color combo. The one thing that I would caution is that $77 is the exception to the rule. I don't know that company, but I'd be a little nervous about the quality. Most start around $100 and go up from there, some closer to $200. The only thing I am thinking is perhaps that is a brown extrusion at that price, as opposed to a color coating.

td4444

#3 Post by td4444 »

Thanks HomeSealed, perhaps I should look for a company that has a brown extrusion that they will woodgrain.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Not entirely uncommon. They are typically a little bit lighter shade of the brown though, lik earthtone or cocoa. Something like a royal brown or bronze would always need to be a coating. The musket brown may be a tad darker as well, but the "cocoa" or whatever a given manufacturer calls their variation of it may be close enough for you