Soft-lite Arrington, Timeless, and Timeless Elite?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Digital Man

Soft-lite Arrington, Timeless, and Timeless Elite?

#1 Post by Digital Man »

From Soft-Lite's dealer locator, I found a local company that is listed. The Soft-Lite website says this dealer only carries the "Barrington" line which I understand to be Soft-Lite's lowest line.

When I emailed this company asking what lines they carried, he said they carried "Soft-lite Arrington, Timeless, and Timeless Elite". Not sure if by he meant Barrington when he said Arrington.

I've tried to search for these lines but I'm not finding much. What I have found seems to be conflicting. I'm trying to determine if it's worth having this company come out. I'm only interested in mid to premium options.

These might be lines they picked up with they bought Gorrell, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Soft-lite Arrington, Timeless, and Timeless Elite?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Ask them for CPD number on the windows and you can look them up in reverse on the NFRC and see what they are.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Timeless Elite looks like the Imperial LS to my eye.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

SL Timeless should be the Elements frame and Super Spacer with Imperial LS mortised locks and tilt actuators. Nor sure what extra the "Elite" status gives it?

Digital Man

#5 Post by Digital Man »

I found this website which mentions both the Timeless and Timeless Elite, so I think this is the company:

Timeless Window

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

The Timeless Elite is a Soft Lite Imperial Ls which is an excellent window.
The standard timeless is nasically a barrington which is soft lite's budget window which isnt bad, just not anything close to the Imperial Ls. Go with the Elite.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

My intel was based upon a sample that was given to me when SL was entertaining tying in some properties of several series that they offered into sort of a hybrid window that would give dealers that were overlapping territories something exclusive so they wouldn't be having cat fights. Masterext is most likely correct as the unit that I have in my basement was such a prototype that it didn't even have a full name on the NFRC label pertaining to an actual series.

I was told that what I have was going to be the Timeless? It's very nice by the way. I did the LS for years but optioned to go with the Elements as I was adding the glass breakage warranty and Super Spacer to all of my LS orders which in turn made it priced the same as their flagship Elements windows.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Based on the website, masterext is correct. You are also correct Digital man that the name and Timeless brand were carried over from Gorell... It does appear though that SL has simply relabeled their existing products in order to establish more dealers in existing markets. Not sure if these are old Gorell dealers that carried over, or if there is no correlation there at all. Not that it matters, just wondering out loud.

fridge2020

#9 Post by fridge2020 »

Is this company marketing the product as Softlite, or simply as Timeless windows brand?

Digital Man

#10 Post by Digital Man »

Their website says they carry "Timeless Windows by Soft-Lite Windows!"

Digital Man

#11 Post by Digital Man »

FYI, I had been having a hard time getting a straight answer about this from the Timeless installer and he just got back to me after contacting Soft-Lite with the following response:

Timeless is very similar to "Classic."

Timeless Elite is the hybrid of the elements mainframe and the sashes of the imperial LS, making timeless elite a private label product.

Digital Man

#12 Post by Digital Man »

Just got another response from the installer:

The Timeless Elite is a Private Label Window. Technically it is a hybrid of the Elements (frame) and the LS Sashes and Locks, so you get the Benefit of 30% more foam in the frame and better view screen (30% better viewing than regular fiberglass screen) coupled with the low profile lock for better aesthetics. There is nothing on our web site about this product because it has it’s own web site, Timeless Elite.

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

Digital Man wrote:Just got another response from the installer:

The Timeless Elite is a Private Label Window. Technically it is a hybrid of the Elements (frame) and the LS Sashes and Locks, so you get the Benefit of 30% more foam in the frame and better view screen (30% better viewing than regular fiberglass screen) coupled with the low profile lock for better aesthetics. There is nothing on our web site about this product because it has it’s own web site, Timeless Elite.
Don't get caught up in too much of the sales-y BS. The Elements and LS are basically the same window with a few small bells and whistles changed (locks, etc). The good news is that this window is in that family. That's a win regardless of whatever private, proprietary name they want to call it. :D

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#14 Post by masterext »

The timeless elite is a top tier window and from what i was told, a combo of the soft lite imperial ls and elements. You cant go wrong with that window.