Simenton vs. Vinylmax vs. Heartland Replacement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Jmbeebe0722

Simenton vs. Vinylmax vs. Heartland Replacement Windows

#1 Post by Jmbeebe0722 »

Hi guys!

I am from the KC area, and just had three companies come bid the replacement of eight windows in our home. The three window options are as follow:

1) Simenton Reflections 5500 Double Hung ($3,800)
2) VinylMax Newton Double Hung ($3,700)
3) Heartland Hampton Double Hung ($3,750)

All three prices are almost identical and under our budget. Is there any windows listed you would rate to be better than others?

HomeSealed

Re: Simenton vs. Vinylmax vs. Heartland Replacement Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Softlite, Okna, Sunrise, Polaris Energy Wall or Ultraweld, Kensington Quantum 2, Vytex Fortis... You get the drift. That list is pretty mediocre at best. Simonton I guess from your list, but that is a very half-hearted recommendation.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

I agree with HomeSealed. Most, if not all, of the brands he listed should be available in KC and any of them would be better choices than the window lines you’ve seen so far.

Jmbeebe0722

#4 Post by Jmbeebe0722 »

Quite a few are available but super expensive...

For example, I called a company (only local dealer according to Soft Lites page) asking about Soft Lite both Imperial LS and Element. They quoted me $1,000 per window for Imperial LS and $1,150 for Element.

I did find a company that carries Polaris... In fact, a company I had out that had Heartland. He is going to e-mail a new bid with the Polaris. However, he doesn't have the Ultrawelds, he really only works with the ThermaWeld. Would this still be better than the ones mentioned above?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

ThermalWeld is a solid unit, but the UltraWeld is definitively better.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Unfortunately not based on the performance numbers. Pretty similar to the Simontom option last time I checked. Not the worst window and it's a decent manufacturer, the Ultraweld is much better though

randy

#7 Post by randy »

If the better brands aren’t in your budget, Simonton’s 5500 is a fairly decent mid-grade option, IMO.

toddinmn

#8 Post by toddinmn »

I have not heard of dealer only offering the
Thermalwelds? In about a month there will be an completely all new improved Thermalweld called Thermalweld Plus and the existing Thermalweld will become the Dynaweld and will be there entry level window, would be worth waiting for.
I'd agree with Randy on the 5500, it is a better unit than the numbers suggest IMO.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

The one rub on the UltraWeld is the prominence of the frame. If you are going to be "OK" with the Simonton 5500, the frame size on the UltraWeld is comparable and I would much rather have that unit when that is the head to head comparison.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#10 Post by masterext »

Both simonton and polaris are very bulky. That said, the ultraweld is a much better performer in terms of air tightness and energy efficiency.

TheWindowNerd

#11 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Many years ago I switched fromm the 5500 being my primary window. I wanted something that did not howl when the wind blew.