Anlin Del Mar vs Bayview - Los Angeles, CA Quote & questions

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
GENTANI

Anlin Del Mar vs Bayview - Los Angeles, CA Quote & questions

#1 Post by GENTANI »

After looking at milgard tuscany/style line, simonton DLM, amerimax, I've decided on Anlin retrofit vinyl windows. I live in Los Angeles and I've got quotes from 2 vendors - 1 that sells Bayview by MonteVerde/Anlin and the other sells Anlin Del Mar. I know the Del Mar is Anlin's 'luxury line' but there is a big price difference between the two ~5k and I'm not sure if it's justified. There is only 1 vendor with good reviews in LA county that sells the Del Mar line.

Order for 19 windows & 2 sliding patio doors, vinyl, white / white. Bayview is ~19k. Del Mar is 25k (but I think I can get this down).

I have both brochures in front of me but the Bayview is pretty sparse on details and I can't tell the difference just through the pictures.

1. Is there a big difference in quality between the two types and if so what are the major differences for both the windows and sliding patio doors?
- I see the Ufactor on Bayview 0.31, SHGC 0.18; Del Mar U-factor 0.26, SHGC 0.22

2. I was told Del Mar has 1/8 and 3/16 glass standard for sound suppression where Bayview has 2 - 1/8 glass, however because I live in a fire zone so 1 vendor stated 1 glass will need to be tempered so I will get the 1/8 and 3/16 on the Bayview, is this true because it didn't sound like it? Would you recommend I upgrade it if it does not come standard, I live on a quiet cul-de-sac street, minimal street noise.

3. Del Mar now comes with pre-filled green foam (comfort core), is this really needed or does standard foam insulation on install sufficient?

Thanks, I tried a search and couldn't find any details or prior posts.

Windows on Washington

Re: Anlin Del Mar vs Bayview - Los Angeles, CA Quote & questions

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not super familiar with the products, but I am not sure I see a 25% delta in the products either.

The SHGC from the Bayview is actually more well suited to your climate to be honest.