Soft Lite Bainbridge or Sunrise Restoration windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
NE78FJ40

Soft Lite Bainbridge or Sunrise Restoration windows?

#1 Post by NE78FJ40 »

I got 2 quotes from 2 different companies. One of the companies I used a couple of years ago to install new windows. I would like some help and advice on which windows/quotes are better quality and/or more efficient. Both quotes are for 14 windows.

Soft Lite Bainbridge $13116
Quote is for dual pane with low-e/argon. All windows are white on white. Sliders have half screens. 13 of these windows are full replacement and 1 window is pocket. Use existing interior trim (if possible) and clad exteriors. Soft Lite has a promotion that you can get triple pane windows installed for the price of dual pane.
6 two panel sliders
2 double hung
1 casement
1 awning casement
4 picture windows

Sunrise Restorations $12750
Windows are dual thermal pane glass with omega 12 with argon gas heat reflection. All windows are white on white and all have full screens. All windows are pocket replacement. Includes trim coil on outside brickmolds.
6 two panel sliders with full screens
1 double hung
3 casement
4 picture windows

Thanks, Mark

HomeSealed

Re: Soft Lite Bainbridge or Sunrise Restoration windows?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I prefer the Restorations. That's the flagship model from Sunrise versus one of the more economical options from Softlite. There is not a tremendous spread in the ratings, but I think the Sunrise unit has a little more to it. The Softlite Elements would be a a different story, which is probably the better comparison.

The one thing that I would say is that the Omega 12 glass option might not be the best option for your Nebraska climate. Pretty low shgc, more suitable for a warmer region. I'd ask for a triple pane option.

NE78FJ40

#3 Post by NE78FJ40 »

Would the triple pane replace the omega 12? Just trying to understand what I need to ask the salesman for.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Yes, triple would replace the Omega 12. Did you discuss with the sales rep with Sunrise anything about rooms getting way too much solar in them making them uncomfortable and hard to cool in the summer? Sunrise makes a nice slider and their Restorations is outstanding.

I've done Bainbridge sliders in the past. Quality product with very few problems. It does feature sort of an odd "round over" exterior screen track profile to the master frame.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

Depending on which state you live in, triple pane is usally a great option. I assume you dont live in Georgia or the south?

NE78FJ40

#6 Post by NE78FJ40 »

Nebraska

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

In this case I too suggest the Sunrise.

theWindowNerd.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

In terms of their respective line ups, the Restorations is the flagship and would be more comparable to the Elements form Soft-Lite.

I also agree that Triple pane is the better glass for your application vs. the double pane with the lower range SHGC.