Replacement Windows Lisle, IL

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lislehomeowner

Replacement Windows Lisle, IL

#1 Post by lislehomeowner »

Hello, I am replacing 21 windows (including a kitchen bay and a patio door). Pella wood windows are currently installed in my home which was built around '83. I need new windows. I just received a quote for Alliance brands Hawthorn Series. I have read a ton of negative reviews on the brand but, they sound more poor installation based. I am struggling to put builder grade windows in a home that is losing Pella. I need advice on this brand if correctly installed or a recommendation for a better brand that isn't a big cost difference.

HomeSealed

Re: Replacement Windows Lisle, IL

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Unfortunately, you won't find a high end window at a builder grade price. That is a builder grade window, and any window priced similarly will probably be the same.

Looks like you are not too far outside the Chicagoland area, I'd recommend checking in with Dave @ Strong windows. He posts here as Window4U. Long time contributor, true pro.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The brand you are looking at is not going to become a top quality window even with a good installation. All the top brands like Okna, Starmark, Softlite and Sunrise are available right here in Chicagoland so my advice would be to get prices on those as well. Just because a window is a premium window doesn't necessarily make it more expensive as an installed product. Contractors will many times charge the same or more for poor quality windows they install as the premium windows, so don't take it as a given that you will save money with builders grade windows installed into your home.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

One of the biggest misconceptions in the window industry is that even a poor quality window will work well if installed properly.. totally false ! A poor quality window is a poor quality window regardless of how good the installation is.
Dont get sucked in by a cheap price because that decision will be much more expensive in a few years compared to the initial investment of a higher quality brand such as the brands Dave mentioned.
If you are on a budget do half now and the other half in a year or even look into financing.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not sure I can add much to what has been said by the previous posters.

I can only offer my personal experience of handful of examples where we have replaced less than 3 year old windows for clients who "thought" they were getting a great deal with a cheap price.

Spending money twice never makes for a good deal.