NES (no longer New England Sash) Schuco Quote - Rochester,NY

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
PMC-Rochester

NES (no longer New England Sash) Schuco Quote - Rochester,NY

#1 Post by PMC-Rochester »

:?:

Signed the paperwork tonight, now doing the research. Pretty dumb, huh, but I had another idea, and wasn't actually going to do any deal before the three hour sales pitch. Spousal pressure, tiredness, gullibility, need for social interaction, etc. got me off track, so here I am at 3:25AM ...

From what I see on this Forum and another, I agreed to a very high margin deal.

Ten double-hung Schuco windows, 4-34"x54", 6-34"x36", triple glazed, krypton. Price $10,991. From what I see hear, a fair price might have been closer to $8500.

Wife loved windows, I loved the self-healing screens, the security features, wife loved the tip-in, fire-safety issue, we really do need new windows. Didn't love the "special this evening reference house discount sales pitch," the blarney, 50% energy savings pledge not in the contract, etc.

So, can I get the windows cheaper if I back out? Or is this really a fair price for my area? (I saw the Geneva, NY post, probably the same sales guy ...)

How do I get the wife onboard?

:cry:

harpo

#2 Post by harpo »

Get the wife on board??? Another guy who didn't read the small print at the bottom of the marriage certificate. You know -- where it says the hubby will always take out the trash, wash the car, mow the lawn, say to the wife once a week "looks like you've lost weight honey", visit her mother, and the all inclusive THE WIFE IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!! Go back and check -- you'll find it in very small print just under where you signed the certificate, right next to where it say's you hand over the paycheck to her every payday.

rixer7

Get out now!!!

#3 Post by rixer7 »

That price seems really high. I also had a quote on Schucos 8 DH triple pane(4 @ 36x70 with tempered bottom sashes and 4 @ 36x58) for $8400. I thought that was high so I said no. I checked with another Schuco dealer and got them for $5900. Hopefully the install turns out good.

PMC-Rochester

Signed the Cancellation

#4 Post by PMC-Rochester »

I went to the office yesterday, just to see if it was a real place and not a mail drop. Wow, nice digs. But when I went up the stairs to the foyer, and was reading the Salesperson of the Month plaques, I was accosted by a woman who I think was the "financial person" the salesman told me about, who demanded I leave if I didn't have an appointment. I asked if this was the place then to deliver my cancellation, and she said yes.

That "sealed" the deal for me, and my wife. We signed the cancellation papers. I will see the charmer in the office soon.