Okna 500 or Berkshire Elite Reviews

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Gball

Okna 500 or Berkshire Elite Reviews

#1 Post by Gball »

Replacing 11 windows and a large half moon window. I have quotes for Okna 500 for $7825 and $5121 for the Berkshire elite. The Okna warranty states that the dealer will charge me $250 every time that they come to the house to replace or repair any windows (after the first year). With the Berkshire there is no charge on parts, windows or labor, ever. Another important factor, we are older and will probably be selling in the next 5-10 years. I have been reading the Berkshire and Okna window reviews and there seems to be some quality concerns, however, I have not read where anyone actually had a problem. And, there is a $2704 difference to consider. Both vendors have good reputations and have no problem going with either one. Would certainly appreciate some feed back. Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna 500 or Berkshire Elite

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I might be accused of being a "homer" here but I prefer the 500 series here and even at that price delta.

That is a bit steep on the service visit charge, but minus any misuse issues, you can pretty much count on not having to service the windows in a vast majority of the cases.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree with WoW. Mercedes vs Chevy in this comparison.... I'd also add just for clarification that any service trip charge would be from the installation company itself, not from the manufacturer (Okna in this case).
Back to product, I think that the Berk Elite is a step in the right direction for Alside/AMI/Revere, however I would not say it is an apples to apples comparison to the high end, high performance models on the market such as Okna and others. It can be a decent choice on a limited budget and compared to other more economical choices, but again, not really a competitor in the top quality space IMO

Gball

#4 Post by Gball »

Thanks for your replies. I have decided to go with the Okna windows.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Let us know how the install goes once you are done. We love to see the follow up stories from folks that take the plunge.