Sunrise Restorations Pricing

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HiC

Sunrise Restorations Pricing

#1 Post by HiC »

I am looking for a sanity check on a window bid. After a long chain of events, I have an offer for 8 sunrise restorations double hung vinyl windows (4 with grids; 1 tempered and obscured) all 32"x73" for $5500. On the write-up the options are only listed as "with low-e, argon gas, polyurethane frames, and latch lock plus."

Is this a fair and competitive price?

The other bids I have are probably not of comparable windows and I don't have many sunrise vendors locally to call. The other bids:
1) Window World - $3200 (probably not the quality I'm looking for)
2) Champion - $5900 (I didn't like the sales approach from Champion)
3) Local window company that wasn't transparent enough about the name of the windows they source - $3800
4) Berkshire Elite - $3592

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise Restorations Pricing

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Fair and competitive yes. It looks like you have a couple more economy grade offers that are less, but as for higher end offerings which the Restorations is, you will find that pricing to be fair at worst, if not possibly even cheap if the windows have a bunch of options and/or the installation is more than basic.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

something that gets overlooked is the fact that sunrise products themselves are more expensive than many other high end vinyl offerings. sunrise charges their dealers quite a bit for their windows.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Better than fair and bordering on cheap. I would like to see a bit more details in the Restorations quote before pulling the trigger on that option. That is, by far, you best option in that grouping.