casement windows... possibly marquee

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
spoiledwithsilver

casement windows... possibly marquee

#1 Post by spoiledwithsilver »

PLEASE HELP>>> I built a home in elkhart IN 46517 in 2003 from I believe a company named elkhart window and siding. I had what i think is marquee windows installed. they are casement windows. The cranks are needing replacement. I have attempted to purchase replacements at local box stores without any success. I believe that it is imperative to have the correct cranks as to not damage the stud that the cranks is secured. once again, please help>>>

Windows on Washington

Re: casement windows... possibly marquee

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

SWS,

Can you post up a picture of the crank and of the hardware (i.e. when the window is open, the mechanism on the inside of the window).

It is very likely that this hardware was not made by the window manufacturer and should be source-able from the actual manufacturer of the hardware.

TheWindowNerd

Re: casement windows... possibly marquee

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

So you need just the crank handle?
I would try Blaine Window Parts.

Yesterday we removed an old 3 wide Pella casement(primed wood), some one had gone a a big box store and got AW crank handles which did not fit right. It was interesting.