egress and normal casements

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jheissjr

Re: egress and normal casements

#16 Post by jheissjr »

What brand/series?

toddinmn

#17 Post by toddinmn »

Polaris Ultraweld

jheissjr

#18 Post by jheissjr »

Did you select double pane, triple pane? Where are you located? How long ago were they installed?

toddinmn

#19 Post by toddinmn »

They are

toddinmn

#20 Post by toddinmn »

Triple pane installed last year.

Guy

#21 Post by Guy »

Todd I know Pella gets that money for every one of their Designer Series units. Marvin whacked me for more! I didnt eat that fee because it wasn't my mistake or problem until it didn't pass inspection. They changed out easily and worked awesome. The casement will work simply when it's installed plumb and level. The pivots will sit in the slides without friction. Most failures or hard cranking is almost always related to the window being out of plumb. In most cases the top of the unit tips out. Then the sash becomes top heavy and sags out during closing. Ive only used the heavy duty swing clear hardware on clad wood units meeting historical compliance and egress. I'm going to see my manufacturer next month and specifically see the two styles. I can understand wanting a unit to open completely. But how often does anyone ever open a window all the way with a casement? Be honest with that answer and remember where we live. I'm just saying this as a realist.
No matter what I think it's never my choice. I provide my customer with what ever they want. It's their money and they will be looking out of them every day. It's really what they wish. I just toss out options to educate the customer. At the end of the day its their choice not mine!