Okna quote opinion

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Duckhunter

Okna quote opinion

#1 Post by Duckhunter »

Hello to all board members. I am receiving quotes on window replacements. After reading these boards I have decided to go with Onka windows, but I am open to other opinion. We plan on selling our home within 2 years and that was a big reason on the brand windows we have been looking at. Lifetime warranty is a big selling point to me. We have received a quote for 20 Windows and a patio slider. One window now is a French door which will be converted to a picture window. The quote will have them doing all of the framing for The conversion.The quote is for all 400 series. The amount of the quote is $11,800. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

HomeSealed

Re: Okna quote opinion

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Duckhunter, if that price includes the door (and even if it doesn't), that price is extremely aggressive. The 400 is okna's entry level product, but again, that pricing is uncommonly low. Perhaps this company is trying to book their installers through winter.

If I have any further advice it would be :
1) Consider the 5, 6, or 800 if budget allows
2) Make sure that you are dealing with a reputable installation company.

Again though, as far as price/value, that deal is truly rare.

Duckhunter

#3 Post by Duckhunter »

The price does include the slider patio door. This will take place next spring. I wanted the 500 but made no sense to spend more since were moving and still getting a transferable warranty. Its hard to get a good idea of the company other than okna referred them. There isn't any other close enough.They offered referrals, but that can be anyone

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

The reason to spend the extra $ is because its a better window. The price delta between the two shouldn't be very high, but the difference between the two products justifies the extra few bucks in my opinion. Perhaps the 800 would be overkill for you, but the 500 is the porridge that's just right if you are looking for the best combo of quality, performance, and value with a limited budget.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree with Homesealed completely.
Would suggest the 500.

theWindowNerd.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

I would also consider upgrading to the 500 series.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Lump me in the 500 series crowd too.

Duckhunter

#8 Post by Duckhunter »

500 it is thanks everyone.