Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: for Bill- Uneeda
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:07 pm 
hows it going my name is Jay, i am a salesman/contractor from North Jersey, i just was wondering if you have seen a slow down or atleast a change in the way consumers are getting estimates for windows in our area...any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:01 pm 

I really haven’t seen a change but it’s too early in the season to get a handle on what kind of a year we are going to see.

At this point we are seeing what I would consider a normal early spring pick up in activity but typically things don’t really get rolling until after Easter. I’m use to a lot of tire kickers this time of year it seems people are not in the mood to buy until they begin to smell lawn fertilizer

Good luck with your sales.

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:26 pm 

Three weeks ago I started to wonder if I'd ever sell another window the rest of my life it was so slow.
Since then it has broken loose in a major way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:44 pm 
thanks for the replies guys, sitting here feeling the same way, wondering if ill ever sell another job again...good quality product competetive prices, and wondering when the tire kicking and the stalls will end. Lets hope its a good Easter for all.
btw, Bill i if i understand correctly your company does not do many installs as much as it sells only the product? just curious why

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:20 pm 

We actually have two installation crews so we are installing windows every day of the week and typically we install the Simonton Impressions 9800.

We also distribute the Reflections line and we cater to small local contractors and export sales to the Caribbean where the largest volume goes.

Bill