NuSash window repair

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kathysig

NuSash window repair

#1 Post by kathysig »

We had NuSash double hung windows put in our house in Nov, 2004 by Jarar Window Systems in Cincinnati, OH. We have been unsucessful in getting service on some problems covered by manufactuer's warranty after several technician visits and many cancelled appointments. They are either understaffed or don't know what they are doing. We need the balances replaced in the frames of 3 Oriel windows with heavy duty balances - they are broken. I am trying to find someone who knows this product and can fix these windows. I am in Louisville, KY. Thanks for your suggestions or advice.
Kathy

arthur37

#2 Post by arthur37 »

Service issues are not going to get better for you. You need to contact Louisiana Pacific corp., weather-seal division which is the actual of NuSash . Their address is 324 Wooster Road n., Barbeton, OH, 44203. They will be able to supply you w/ the parts and any directions for you to install the balance systems yourself. Your lifetime warranty probably doesn't include labor and balance systems are not expensive and are not that hard to install. Good Luck

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I used to work for Nusash in Illinois when I first started in the business in 1975 and was with them until 1985.
NuSash is no longer affiliated with LP. They were first bought by American Architectural Products, and then bought again in 2002 by Monarch Holdings, which also owns Hurd Windows & Doors.

I would contact them directly and see what they'll do for you.

American Weather Seal Headquarters
100 Smithville Road
Orrville, OH 44667-1066
Telephone - 800.358.2954
http://www.americanweatherseal.com