Numbers on windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tjcarst

Numbers on windows

#1 Post by tjcarst »

2-lite sliders

Is there a database where I can look this info up?

Struggling to choose a Window.

Sunrise Restoration, AI .03, Perf Grade 30
Soft-Lite Elements, AI .01, Perf Grade 55
Okna 900, AI .08, Perf Grade 45
Richlin Hayfield .01, ?? Only seeing DP 60

Windows on Washington

Re: Numbers on windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

When it comes to air leakage and structural numbers, most time you will need to check with manufacturer's specifically for their test data. It isn't like thermal data where there is the NFRC.org.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

If you’re looking for durability, Okna 900 is the winner. If you’re looking for top performance, as the numbers show, Soft-lite Elements is the best choice. Both are great products and you’ll be happy with either one. Sunrise Restorations is a great choice as well, but the frames can be a bit flimsy and that requires more care in installation.

tjcarst

#4 Post by tjcarst »

I have the Okna 900 in my home now, Randy, and love them.

However in the condo where in-laws will live, Okna 920 is $4350 - $4500 for 2 2-lite sliders. $2800 for Sunrise.

I can't justify the price difference.

Can't get a Soft-Lite quote. Rep that is listed as Soft-Lite dealer is pushing Richlin Hayfield, but has not yet been able to come out for quote.

Would really like to see cost on Soft-Lite Elements. Numbers seem to be good.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Those are all good manufacturers with good numbers. They will be pretty forthcoming and accurate with the info that they provide... Its the lower end stuff that you worry about and will want to verify if it seems to good to be true. Only thing that I'd add is to get the thermal info in there as well. U value, shgc, CR, VT. That profile will ensure the right glass for your climate. Sunrise would be the one of particular concern as they often use heavy low-e and/or surface 4 low e up north to hit Energy Star certification in their double pane DH and SL. This negatively affects SHGC and CR (condensation)

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

The air numbers you listed are not from any of there sliders. The slider numbers will all be higher than the ones listed. I would just eliminate the Sunrise from the list.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

toddinmn wrote:The air numbers you listed are not from any of there sliders. The slider numbers will all be higher than the ones listed. I would just eliminate the Sunrise from the list.
That's mostly right. The Okna 900 is .08 or .09 on the slider. The others do appear to be DH ratings. Richlin is also .08 or .09..... In general, sliders are leakier than DH's, but that is not always the case. HGI Innovations in particular comes to mind, with a tighter number on the SL. Illogical, but that is the case.

affordablewindows

#8 Post by affordablewindows »

Okna 900 is the best in business from the listed ones, if you are searching for top performance windows don't opt for another, you can easily choose it.