Okna Quote Sound OK?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
NewToWindows

Okna Quote Sound OK?

#1 Post by NewToWindows »

Hello all

I apologize if this is a taboo subject but I really don't know what I'm looking at here. I recently got a few quotes to replace 9 DH Windows and a 4 unit bow (2 casement and 2 fixed) in my home in northern MD and I don't really know if they are in the right ballpark. I'm having a tough time finding well known/reviewed installers that service my area (near Hereford,MD). The companies/products that I was quoted are:

Simonton 6500 via Home Depot - Came in at about 10.3k with lifetime warranty on product and labor and lifetime accidental glass

Harvey Windows - Came in at about 12.1k Lifetime product warranty, lifetime accidental glass, and 10 year labor

Okna 500 - Came in at 11.3k Lifetime product , NO accidental glass, and 1 year labor warranty

Also got an Anderson A70 quote but wasn't impressed.

So I have a spread of about 2k on the job and like the quality of the Okna windows but I don't know if they justify the extra 1k (especially considering the lack of comparison in warrant coverage)? Or, if they even are priced in an acceptable range to begin with. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

HomeSealed

Re: Okna Quote Sound OK?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Certainly within the range of reason, and the Okna is the only high performance product in that group. My only other recommendation would be to make sure that you are selecting an excellent dealer to install them for you, as windows are only as good as the install. In know that Windows on Washington serves part of MD, if you happen to be in their are I'd highly recommend contacting those guys. I give them my highest recommendation.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna Quote Sound OK?

#3 Post by masterext »

You have good pricing and is Okna definitely the very clear winner in terms of quality and efficiency. #1 to homeseals advice.