Window replacement quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Alag

Window replacement quote

#1 Post by Alag »

Can I get your feedback on the quote I received to replace wood windows. Currently I have wood windows which have gaps or moisture at bottom causing dirt and mold, I am replacing 22 of 29 windows.

22 windows 415 sqft , 3 windows will have grids

1. Wall side vinyl window - 17 casement, 4 DL, 1 arch quote $17k
2. Majic Fiberglass window - 17 C, 4 DL, 1 arch quote $28k
3. Great Lakes ecosmart-9 C, 3 Double slider, 5 DH, 1 arch, 4 DL quote $21k

Great Lakes window is installed by Thermal shield windows, Waterford, MI. U factor .27.

All 3 options were life time warranty. I wanted Okna 800 but couldn’t find a dealer with experience in this area.

Price per sqft seems ok@ $45 per sqft and $100 installation per window, but total cost per window seems high at $954 per window with ecosmart. I am leaning towards ecosmart, your suggestion would definitely help.

Windows on Washington

Re: Window replacement quote

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where is your "area"?

I might be able to direct you to a dealer if you are in a network area.

Alag

#3 Post by Alag »

I am in Novi, Michigan. Can you please comment on the ecosmart window quote

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not super familiar with the Great Lakes product line up. Sunrise is in your backyard in Michigan and make a nice window.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

That Ecosmart is the best option that you have so far IMO... I would look into to some other top performers though, Softlite Elements, Sunrise Restoration, Polaris Ultraweld or Energy Wall, Okna (I know you mentioned a lack of installers on that one..)... If you decide not to consider other windows and opt for the ecosmart, just make sure that the glass package you choose does NOT have an interior side low-e coating. Companies use that to get the u-value down, however its very detrimental to condensation resistance, and up here in the north that is not desirable to say the least.
As far as the pricing, its hard to say exactly, but it seems to be in the normal range