Thoughts on Beldon, or any other Austin installers here?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
LoneStarGuy

Thoughts on Beldon, or any other Austin installers here?

#1 Post by LoneStarGuy »

Hello again.
So I finally decided on my window and siding project (discussed in another post) and found out today my siding contractor is now longer able to install my chosen window product (something about they discontinued their relationship w/ the manufacturer). Back to evaluate options...

I submitted a quote request here and got a quick call from Beldon and a really rude telemarker from someone pitching Anderson Renewal, Home Depot, Beldon (again) and Woodbridge. Beldon and Woodbridge had no information about their windows on their website and the person who called had no details on air leakage, glass strength reinforcements, the type of LoE glass nor any other details. I don't want Anderson and Home Depot..... argh!

Anyone know about Beldon and their windows? They told me AMI which apparently is Alside - not the best.

The appointment is over a week away and I am not so sure I want to defer this much longer. I was hoping i would get a actual call from an expert. Does anyone know anyone on this board from Austin that will do a quality install and who does siding? I was not expecting the referral link here to lead to call centers like this - very disappointing. I am looking for someone like Randy, WoW, HomeSealed for my area (Austin, TX).

randy

Re: Thoughts on Beldon, or any other Austin installers here?

#2 Post by randy »

Sorry, I know nothing about Beldon - good or bad. I would never recommend any Alside products though.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Maybe Randy is doing Austin.
Randy is a great guy, I would use him.

LoneStarGuy

#4 Post by LoneStarGuy »

I checked his website and the referral link here, he is not doing Austin. Austin has a shortage of quality window installers who install premium products. I am sure he could do well here.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

If I could pick my business up and move it to the hill country, I’d do it in a minute! Unfortunately, we are just way too busy right now to even entertain the idea of expanding over there. Sorry we can’t help out!