Lowes Reliabuilt Survivor 7000 vs. Pella 20 Series

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
frisbear

Lowes Reliabuilt Survivor 7000 vs. Pella 20 Series

#1 Post by frisbear »

I am looking to replace all of my double hung windows in my townhouse. I am planning on being in my home for many years and want good insulation. I went to Lowes and they put together a package that was about $5000 including all labor for both series of windows. The bid for the Pella 850, wood windows, was about $6000, however I am leaning towards the vinyl windows because of the ease of maintanance.

The Lowes people were steering me towards the Survivor 7000 because they were better built and the seems were stronger.

All of these bids were about $3000 cheaper than the private window companies that came out and provided offeres with their own brands.

So....apples to apples....which would you put on your home, the Survivor or the Pella 20 series?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I'd put in neither. There are plenty of good local companies with better windows than these that I am sure you can get for the same or less than these products. Just look around a little bit more before making a final decision. I'll bet you'll be glad you did.
If you post where you are from, some of us may have some ideas for you.