Quote validation - Okna Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cbb77

Quote validation - Okna Windows

#1 Post by cbb77 »

Hi Guys, new here. Been researching replacement windows and thus far have looked at Renewal by Anderson and Okna. First let me say that I am looking to replace 11 Double hung wood windows, 2 casement windows and potentially 1 Patio Slider door. I was originally planning on going with Anderson but they priced themselves out with a quote for $38k, discounted to $29k after all the promotions. Next was Okna. They came in at just under $8K for the Envirostar 800 series deluxe with laminated wood grain interior. This is for the just the windows as they forgot to include the patio door. However, they totally blew Anderson out of the water which is why I am questioning if this is too good to be true. I know there a few things that go into the overall costs but does this sound typical for Okna windows in the Northeast (Massachussetts). I will admit that I still have to do my due diligence on the installer but again, am just shocked at the price differential between the two. The Okna quote includes all taxes, labor and disposal of old windows, thus again am shocked at price. This is not my area of expertise so any insights would be helpful. Additionally if there is any additional options or things that I should be requesting or checking on the Okna I would appreciate it as well. Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Quote validation - Okna Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

That quote is too good to be true in our market but perhaps the cost of doing business or labor is a bit cheaper up there? Again it is MA and I can't imagine the government doesn't have it hands out with the taxes.

That said, it is at the very low end of what I would expect the pricing range to be at but not out of the realm of possibilities.

Is the company good? If so, go play the lotto with the extra cash because you got yourself a rockstar deal.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Thats good pricing for the 800 deluxe. It was very nice of the andersen salesman to quote you a price and then magically lower it by $10,000. Im sure he could justify the discount with the utmost honesty.

Visual

#4 Post by Visual »

cbb77

Who is the Okna quote from in Massachusetts?

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The 800DX by Okna is a super window. Very high performance.
The pricing does seem low, but I do not have the specs or scope of work for you project.

RA is extremely over priced IMHO.

cbb77

#6 Post by cbb77 »

Visual wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:32 pm cbb77

Who is the Okna quote from in Massachusetts?
This is from Your Home Exteriors Solutions in Mansfield. Checking Angie's list and BBB seem legit, however low number of reviews on Angies list. I have a small Cape Style home and first floor is easily accessible. 6 windows on the lower level and 7 upstairs. Love this price, just want to make sure this installer is legit.

Visual

#7 Post by Visual »

Thanks

fridge2020

#8 Post by fridge2020 »

Sounds crazy low to me. Either too good to be true, or you are just lucky and hopefully already signed.