Okna with PVC trim?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tmal14

Okna with PVC trim?

#1 Post by tmal14 »

I'm going to be completing a project with Okna 700 casement windows, with white in and white out. Does okna have factory applied vinyl brick moulding? This will be a full tear-out.

If so to they offer different or accent colors, ie tan moulding and white window? How much does it add to the width? I have right now my windows are being sized at 18 by 65.5. How much wider does the window become? Reason being I have a fixed opening to put the windows in, and don't want to lose to much out on the glass space since they are narrow to begin with.

Additionally is their any performance benefits to the applied brick moulding vs just normal capping?

Does anyone have any pictures of the PVC moulding or can point me to a gallery online with that look it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

toddinmn

Re: Okna with PVC trim?

#2 Post by toddinmn »

These would be great questions to ask your installer?
There would be no performance benefit. Adding brick mold typically does not reduce glass size since it would sit against the sheathing .

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

+1

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Another vote to talk to your installer.

Okna did have a welded brickmold. I don't know if it was available on the 700 series.