Sugarcreek windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Baker

Sugarcreek windows?

#1 Post by Baker »

I know everyone on this board pushes shuco. Its great that you have the best window pegged but seriously now everyone doesn't always have to have the best window, sometimes its to expensive, sometimes it doesn't make sense to spend that much. You guys need to be a little more open to different brands on here.

With that said I live in townhouse with 6 very large double hung windows. I only plan on staying 3-5 years but I need new windows now. I don't want to go with the cheapest winodws but spending 600+ per window is out of the question. I have a relative who does windows and siding. They use sunrise for the top of hte line product but offered me Sugarcreeks Integra 300 series at about $325 each Installed. They told me this is pretty much their cost after the window material and paying their installer.

Is this a decent window for a decent price or am I better off looking for something else?

Delaware Mike

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

That is going to be very close to cost! Is that quote for double or triple glazing? If you do move foward with the Integra windows please keep us posted on your project. Do you have a Precision door in the works as well?

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#3 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I wouldn't look any farher, we sell that window with triple glaze for $650 and with double for $550. Your friend is treating you very well. The 300 series is their top of the line window and features Super Spacer.

Wisconsin Chris

Re: Sugarcreek windows?

#4 Post by Wisconsin Chris »

Baker wrote:I know everyone on this board pushes shuco. Its great that you have the best window pegged but seriously now everyone doesn't always have to have the best window, sometimes its to expensive, sometimes it doesn't make sense to spend that much. You guys need to be a little more open to different brands on here.

With that said I live in townhouse with 6 very large double hung windows. I only plan on staying 3-5 years but I need new windows now. I don't want to go with the cheapest winodws but spending 600+ per window is out of the question. I have a relative who does windows and siding. They use sunrise for the top of hte line product but offered me Sugarcreeks Integra 300 series at about $325 each Installed. They told me this is pretty much their cost after the window material and paying their installer.

Is this a decent window for a decent price or am I better off looking for something else?
This is my first time looking at this sight. I had to register and log in for this conversation. I don't know your location, however, I was able to purchase the Schuco 4000 triple glazed as a self install from my local dealer. The windows are GREAT!!! I spent around $340 each for self install. I would buy the Schuco and have your relative install them. I looked at a TON of windows and reserched for several years until I found Schuco. With the warranty and performance. They are worth EVERY PENNY!! I think that if you buy anything but the Schuco, you will be sorry, even if you are moving. If I understand the warranty, you can transfer it to the next owner. What a selling point for your home!

InfoSponge

Re: Sugarcreek windows?

#5 Post by InfoSponge »

Wisconsin Chris wrote:... Schuco 4000 triple glazed as a self install from my local dealer... If I understand the warranty, you can transfer it to the next owner.
I asked a Schuco rep and what I was told is that if you installed the windows and you are not a Schuco certified installer, then your warranty is void.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#6 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

If you buy anything but Schuco you'll be sorry. Nice line of bs. If you did so much research how come you couldn't find a mfrg in Manitowoc that makes a window just as good and travel a little farther north to Superior..............another one just as good maybe better and both in Wisconsin. I mean that's a rather biased statement for someone knowing as little as you do. Lets leave it at Schuco makes one of the best windows on the market.

WisWindowGuy

#7 Post by WisWindowGuy »

Let me get this straight, a dealer of a "high end" window sells them like
as a "self install"?? I wonder if the manufacturer knows about this.
No high end manufacturer wants their windows sold for the do-it-yourselfer.
Here's why....first of all, why would any contractor sell a brand that a home owner can buy like the typical "lumber yard/home center" garbage that's out there. That manufacturer will lose it's main business, which is the contractor.
Secondly, no matter how good the unit is, it's the installation that makes it work. You can buy the best window out there, but if it's not installed properly, it'll perform worse than a low end product. For that very reason a quality window manufacturer wants only trained installers doing the installation.
Why would a manufacturer risk it's reputation because Mr. Weekend installer mismeasured the units, wasn't able to get them square in the opening, bowed the frame upon installation, didn't insulate or seal them properly, and didn't bother capping the exterior wood. What's true for the window industry, it true for the siding industry. If you have any problems with the windows, the very first thing ANY factory rep will want to know is..Who was the contractor that installed the units....and if Mr. Homeowner
says "I did"...I'll guarantee the rep will find something wrong with the installation. After all they're trying to get the company off the hook as cheaply as possible, and with no contractor, (and his business to that manufacturer) to worry about...he doesn't have much incentive to spend a lot of the company's $$$ to correct the problem.

Baker

#8 Post by Baker »

Delaware Mike wrote:That is going to be very close to cost! Is that quote for double or triple glazing? If you do move foward with the Integra windows please keep us posted on your project. Do you have a Precision door in the works as well?
I honestly don't kniw if it double or triple glazed I'd say based on the prices listed heree and what he told me their normal price is they are the double glazed.

Yes I also am getting a precision entry and storm door. and down the road a sliding patio door and entry door for the garage.

The installer was just out today to measure the windows and doors so they could order them. I'll let you know how I like them in a few weeks after they're installed.

Rabs

#9 Post by Rabs »

Did you ever get the Sugarcreek windows installed? I am looking at the same window.