Schuco - Customer Service

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
PBRes

Schuco - Customer Service

#1 Post by PBRes »

After going through this forum , I was made to believe that the Schuco is the best that is currently available in the market. I believe that there must be other brands that could be as good as Schuco even though those are not mentioned in this forum. What I cannot fathom is that the Schuco web site provides very liitle information as to how to contact them and received no response to the email I sent earlier. If this is the case, how one will proceed with warranty or any other question that may come up in future . I strogly believe that I should be able to talk to a live person to sort out things.

My other question is that what is the need for going for the top of the line since you might be able to get the average one for half the price. As the technology advanced in 15 years there could be better products and that will be cheaper too. So the point is that even though the average one doesn't last as long as the top of the line but if it provides a decent life that should be good enough. Any thoughts on this.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I think you are right on track and should not buy Schuco. You seem to be an economy minded homeowner who doesn't care about the extra fit & finish, longevity, or extra energy efficiency that premium products can afford, ...which is ok. That's why they make low and midgrade products, for people like you who want to save money. Good shopping to you.

windowmannjny

#3 Post by windowmannjny »

PBRes, you should never speak ill of Schuco as you will be severely reprimanded on this board if you do, as far as ALMOST every single vinyl replacement window out there is junk and will be horrible and fail and not give you any energy efficiency and bring your home down in value and may eventually cause bodily harm, instead what you should do is scrape and save and sell whatever you have to to get the best replacement window ever made or just keep what you have now..wow that felt good

chrisexv6

#4 Post by chrisexv6 »

(as I step onto my soapbox.....)

Ive seen plenty of replies bashing people (mostly professionals, no less) about their high opinion of Schuco windows, and how lots of other windows are "inferior".

After researching windows for 2 months, I finally started getting quotes and seeing samples. About 4 or 5 different brands were paraded thru my house, in addition to the store-sold brands (American Craftsman, Simonton from HD, Pella from Lowes, etc). I needed sliders because thats whats already in my house, so I was impressed when someone actually brought a slider sample, and a little perturbed when someone pushed all the features of a double hung all-the-while knowing I needed ZERO double hungs. Then came Schuco.

A) they brought a slider because I mentioned I needed sliders. B) the quality was FAR and ABOVE any other brand I had seen. Not even close. Bash anyone if you will, but most of their posts are stating facts..........the Schuco slider was infinitely better than any other slider I had seen. I didnt even mind hearing about their double hungs, because they looked so nice and well built, it was actually interesting to see the differences.

The price....well, we can all argue about cost vs. value vs. price. I had RBA come in at ~675/window. If I wanted *cheap* sliders (cheap in that they cost less and FELT cheap), I was looking at about 550/window. Schuco came in at about ~800/window. Yes, it was more expensive. No, I didnt hesitate. After seeing the other brands slider samples, I couldnt believe any company would put their name on them. I mean, come on, one little piece of fuzzy weatherstrip on the inside of the sash to seal out air? Seriously......maybe it would work well for a couple years, but plastic sheeting does the same thing. No way Id pay 550 for that. Other option was converting all sliders to double casements. Guess what? That came out to a total of 2K less than just getting Schucos. And the casements werent impressive either (good test: grab onto the casement hardware that extends when you crank it out. See how easy it is to get it to pop out of the track, then realize what a pain it will be to fix while its 20 degrees outside and someone vented the window but the roller is out of the track).

Bash everyone if you will, but just remember that they are talking truths, while they are getting bashed for doing so.

</soapbox>

-Chris

steelersfan

#5 Post by steelersfan »

I think the other windows salesman are running scared. They want to confuse the consumer into believing that all vinyl windows are the same and that Schuco is sooooo expensive (mine were about $600/window by the way) and overhyped.

Don't believe what you see on this board. See for yourself.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#6 Post by VRWAdmin »

you should never speak ill of Schuco as you will be severely reprimanded on this board if you do
This statement is patently untrue.

We have never favored one product over the other, or made endorsements of any kind. The Schuco product line does get a great deal of exposure on this site, but not from the administrators; we have never posted on, or replied to any threads regarding products. Nor have we ever “reprimandedâ€

Window4U (IL)

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

windowmannjny wrote:PBRes, you should never speak ill of Schuco as you will be severely reprimanded on this board if you do, as far as ALMOST every single vinyl replacement window out there is junk and will be horrible and fail and not give you any energy efficiency and bring your home down in value and may eventually cause bodily harm, instead what you should do is scrape and save and sell whatever you have to to get the best replacement window ever made or just keep what you have now..wow that felt good
It's getting pretty bad when you can't even give advice NOT to buy a Schuco without getting attacked.

If a homeowner doesn't care about the benefits many premium products afford, then there is nothing wrong in buying a cheaper $ product. There are many midgrade products that will suit him just fine.
I carry about 20 brands. Not all are premium, because not everybody cares about the features my premium products afford. For example, someone in a $35,000 house with 24 windows that makes $30,000 a year will ususally prefer a low-midgrade product because it is better than what they have and is fine for their circumstance. On the other hand, a person with a $350,000 home may not feel that a low-midgrade cheap looking vinyl window is the way to go, and might want something with a nicer fit, finish, and features.
That's why windows of all grade levels thrive in the marketplace.

green1320

#8 Post by green1320 »

I also agree with PBRes that the Schuco company is very bad at getting information back to you and even if they reply back to you at all!!!!! I have emailed them seven times with no reply. I have called the company only to talk to a live person who tells me that they will have someone call me back and it never happened!!!! Why would any person pay the price for these windows with a company that treats future customers like this. I am very afraid to get these windows due to this. My concerns are that they would not give me any better service or effort to a warrenty problem.

Window4U (IL)

#9 Post by Window4U (IL) »

green1320 wrote:I also agree with PBRes that the Schuco company is very bad at getting information back to you and even if they reply back to you at all!!!!! I have emailed them seven times with no reply. I have called the company only to talk to a live person who tells me that they will have someone call me back and it never happened!!!! Why would any person pay the price for these windows with a company that treats future customers like this. I am very afraid to get these windows due to this. My concerns are that they would not give me any better service or effort to a warrenty problem.
The emails are forwarded to the sales rep for each area. It is his responsibility to pass them out to the appropriate dealer or to respond to you. This rep is usually on the road so he may not get your request for several days. If it is longer than that, then shame on him for not getting you hooked up with a dealer.
My dealer rep for Chicago seems to be on the ball. I have not heard any complaints from people here with not getting replies from their inquiries.

As far as service goes, that goes through a completely different process. That is handled by your dealer who has the ordering department at Schuco make what he needs to handle your service.
You as a customer will hopefully never need to call Schuco the factory for service. That is your dealer's responsibility.