Need Advice on Replacement Windows in Central New Jersey

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
crh

Need Advice on Replacement Windows in Central New Jersey

#1 Post by crh »

Hi there,

First I'd like to say this is a great forum and i'm lucky to have found it. I'm just starting out on my research for replacement windows in my home. I'm looking for double hung/tilt wash/low-e argon windows/double glazed. No need for fancy grids or anything just plain white vinyl windows with capping on outside.

I have a budget of about 400-500(installed) and my largest windows are 55x36 (hxw). I was wondering what models and brands of windows people on this forum may suggest are good to look at knowing these parameters.

Secondly for those of you who may live in the central jersey area, choosing the contractor/installer is obviously very important. So if anyone in this area has recently changed windows and were satsified/had a good experience with their installer a referral of that name would be extremely helpful.

Any and all responses are welcome and are greatly appreciated. Thanks again. :-)

MORBID

#2 Post by MORBID »

I signed a contract with Tri-State Window factory 2 weeks ago to replace 20 DH windows for 10K. triple pane with Krypton.
After having HomeDepot, Sears and Castle salesmen show me their windows Tri-state came out on top in every category including the price.
I'm in Middlesex county so let me know if you have any questions. Granted that the windows haven't been installed yet (approx beginning of May) but so far I'm happy with the customer service I got from these guys

PBRes

I am also looking to replace windows

#3 Post by PBRes »

I live in Middlesex county , NJ too. I heard from some neighbors that Jim Miller at JAMillerinc.com is a good installer. Are you planning to do a total replacement or retrofit ?

windowmannjny

#4 Post by windowmannjny »

Tri-State does not use all krypton in their glass packages.

sitedrifter

#5 Post by sitedrifter »

I had 10 windows installed by a SUB PAR contractor even though the windows were good windows (Camelot windows). I still had three windows left when I fired the idiots and went with http://www.allcountyexteriors.com/ who also did my roofing and siding. These guys are awesome and very customer oriented. The 3 windows I had left were 2 double hungs and my LARGE picture window.

They installed Soflite windows and they are awesome windows. They also sell and install Simonton which I would have gone with buy their vinyl is grey/blue compared to the softlite vinyl (and the other brand window I have) which is a bright white.

PM for a before and after of my house (roofing and siding)

Site