Need info on windows with different int. and ext. colors

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
KarTek

Need info on windows with different int. and ext. colors

#1 Post by KarTek »

Hi all,

First time poster. I'm looking for vinyl windows (no wood interior) that have an almond finish outside and white inside to suit the colors of the house.

So far, all I've found is a company called "Gorell". I don't need a quote for installation or anything like that. I have a contractor ready to install I just need the windows.

Thanks!

harpo

#2 Post by harpo »

Comfort line fiberglass windows will two tone.

homeowner

#3 Post by homeowner »

alside windows offers this color combination.

KarTek

Thanks!

#4 Post by KarTek »

Thanks, I'll look into those! :D

windowworksinc

Comfort Line Fiberglass Windows

#5 Post by windowworksinc »

I just would like to give people a heads up regarding Comfort Line windows. It was our window company that researched a true fiberglass pultrussion, and decided to start selling Comfort Line windows about 10 years ago or more. Because the pultrussion is thermoset, the lineals for the sashes and master frames must be cut to length, and then glued together in the cormers. Due to substantial problems with this lineal, we discontinued sale of the windows immediately! Another local window company picked up the product and ran.
Some of the problems included water leakage in the corners, screws for hardware on casements working out and not holding over time, poor insulating values, (fiberglass is similar to standard glass values), and most importantly, poor customer service from Comfort Line itself.
A warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it.

randy

windowworksinc

#6 Post by randy »

Windowworksinc, please contact me so that I can talk to you more about Comfort Line windows. I was just about to set up an account with them.

Thanks

randy@cehouston.com

mman

#7 Post by mman »

If you are looking for an almond exterior window with white interior (or paintable interior) and Comfort line is not what you expect, look into the Milgard lines of fiberglass. They come in 5 dif exterior colors with white interiors that are also paintable. Good luck and keep checking the posts before you buy anything.

homeowner

#8 Post by homeowner »

alside offers this color combination and others, in vinyl.
my windows were installed today. woohoo!!

FenEx

#9 Post by FenEx »

Oh C'mon Homeowner... you can't stop there. How do you like your windows? Did they properly prepare and put drops inside? Did they use low-expansion foam sealants to airseal and insulate around frames? How clean is the capping? What caulk did they use?