Have you heard anything about these brands>

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Emily

Have you heard anything about these brands>

#1 Post by Emily »

I have receive quotes for vinyl replacement windows from several contractors. One would use Acan; another Winstrome.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these brands?

thanks.

jlee

#2 Post by jlee »

It seems like you are the only one knows about ACAN. Did you happen to have this window installed? I had a quote for this window and wondering about quality. let me know what you know.
Thanks,

Alacoyote

#3 Post by Alacoyote »

A quick search on the web shows that ACAN windows are manufactured in Newfoundland (i.e., Canada). They are not listed as a participant in the NFRC ratings program here in the States and this is where you otherwise would be best able to gather information about how they stack up against other brands. Perhaps Canada has a comparable ratings program but there's no mention of it on ACAN's website. I'm not sure I would want to be dealing with a manufacturer located out of the country if I had any warranty issues to resolve (nothing personal against our Canadian friends . . .).

jlee

#4 Post by jlee »

It is tested and have result shown on NFRC website. I checked it the other day.

Alacoyote

#5 Post by Alacoyote »

Then I apologize and must have missed it. If its "stats" stack up against other comparably-priced windows and the window appears to be solidly constructed as compared to those windows, then (as is typically the case), installation will be the key. Under those circumstances, I'd focus more on the reputation of the contractor/installer and take a look at other projects/talk to other homeowners where they've installed these windows.