Oxford Windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
BillyBob

Oxford Windows?

#1 Post by BillyBob »

Hi there, new to this board with my first question...
I just had a salesman over discussing Oxford windows. He made several claims to their superiority including:
-40 year warranty, non-prorated, transferrible.
-40% energy savings guarenteed.
-100% virgin vinyl.
-delta8 gas; a propriatary mixture that beats krypton.
-Aluminum inserts that prevent the vinyl from bending.

Our discussion include demonstrations with a heat lamp, hair dryer, and a space heater.

From reading the discussions on this board I kind of surmised he might be stretching the truth.

Has anyone heard of these windows and what is your opinion. Made in Virginia I think.

Price was orginally quoted at $1200/window, then $1050, then 30% off, then I kicked him out.

Thanks in advance.

BillyBob

#2 Post by BillyBob »

One more thing: the R value was claimed to be 9.3.

windowman pa

Oxford windows

#3 Post by windowman pa »

Winchester Industries in PA makes it and its u value is .34 you can get a much better window! :P did they tell you about alphia 8 gas ? its air & argon mix :oops: 20 year old window!!!!

BillyBob

#4 Post by BillyBob »

The gas was delta8; a propriatary mixture that they won't even tell the salesmen what's in it.

windowman pa

What GAS!

#5 Post by windowman pa »

its all a play on words :oops: if they have 8 different gases why such a great u-value of .34? :oops: swiggle spacer(they call it BR 50) 47% fuel savings (up to $500 if you keep every yes every bill for 10 years) RUN! :cry:

BillyBob

#6 Post by BillyBob »

One more thing:

does anyone have experience or a recommendation for a good company in the Denver/Boulder area?