What happened to the sister site board

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
steelersfan

What happened to the sister site board

#1 Post by steelersfan »

Erroring out when I go to the URL.

By the way, my install date is set for May 1 - 3 for my Schuco windows.

Will post some pics then!

Dave

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The site is back up.

HoffmanTL

#3 Post by HoffmanTL »

Yup, the site is back up and running,

BTW, my Shuco sliders should be in their final stages of installation soon. The boys are coming over to finish the capping on the outside today. The inside looks GREAT. I don't even hear the little birds chirping away outside of my windows in the morning!

chrisexv6

#4 Post by chrisexv6 »

I agree! 3 of my 6 sliders are installed, and they are all that and a bag of chips! A couple of the pin holders (the plastic caps that the lock pins sit in) needed a little deburring, but the installer handled it quickly and without question.

Now just waiting on the windows that Shuco *forgot* to make. *sigh*

-Chris

HoffmanTL

#5 Post by HoffmanTL »

D'oh! So it that another 3 to 6 week wait for the remainder of the windows?

I've also got a couple of little burrs from the plastic caps. Not a big deal really.

The only real (very very minor) thing I'm running into is that my exisiting wooden blinds do not clear the window opening all the way, so if I wanted to swing the sashes in for cleaning, I'd have to take the blinds down. I think I'm going to swap out some of them for curtains. I never did like those blinds...

chrisexv6

#6 Post by chrisexv6 »

Oh my, you brought up a point I had completely overlooked! We too have blinds that are inside mounted, and are fairly large (the wife loved how they looked! too bad theyve broken 3 times with barely any use).

We might have to work something out now, because they are far from easy to remove to clean the windows. Or maybe the windows clear, but I doubt it.

Im sure we'll figure out somethin. And burrs on plastic caps were the least of my worries, I had nightmares about out-of-square out-of-plumb sliding windows that wouldnt open or close. Glad to see it wasnt reality.

According to the installer, 3 of the 4 missing windows broke at the factory, so they started making replacements immediately after. The 4th was never put on the production line. He said that the wait on the first 3 shouldnt be much longer (i.e. they should arrive next week), and he's hoping they will rush the 4th window because its their fault it never got built to begin with.

I dont care at this point, as long as I get all my windows. House looks odd with 14 nice new windows and 4 old ugly ones (and of course the old ugly ones are where you can see them from the street).

-Chris

chrisexv6

#7 Post by chrisexv6 »

HoffmanTL - can you drop me an email at the address in my profile? I had a question about your sliders, no need to air it out on the board :)

Thanks!
-Chris

HoffmanTL

#8 Post by HoffmanTL »

Sure thing. Email's on its way.