superspacer

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowmannjny

superspacer

#1 Post by windowmannjny »

what is the difference between super spacer and warm edge spacer? how much more efficient?

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Super Spacer is a warm edge spacer. Basically warm edge spacer applies to any of the newer less conductive spacer systems; some are less conductive than others.
According to one test I have seen and Oberon Super Spacer is the least conductive of all the spacers currently available.

I think I had read that Edge Tech the producer of Super Spacer created the term Warm Edge Spacer.

Bill
Uneeda Window of NJ

Oberon

#3 Post by Oberon »

Yep, prety much every test I have seen in the past couple years lists superspacer as the least conductive.

Generally, TPS is about 1/2 degree or so below superspacer and the stainless steel systems are about 2 degrees lower.

Swiggle and Intercept tend to run just a hair below the stainless systems.

Aluminum runs about 8 degrees below that.

Actually, I believe that the term warm edge technology was coined by PPG with their introduction of the Intercept spacer, but without a doubt it was EdgeTech that popularized it...

Say what you will about SuperSpacer, but my hat is off to their marketing folks...they have done an amazing job with that product.