Manufacturer warranty for private-label windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
SethPetryJohnson

Manufacturer warranty for private-label windows

#1 Post by SethPetryJohnson »

Over on this other thread (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7414) I mentioned a dealer that's offering a Kensington HPP Huntington window at what appears to be a very aggressive price.

This vendor is actually offering a private label version of the Huntington. I gather that they are in the very early stages of launching the label because all of the samples they showed me still had the "Huntingon" label on them.

My question is about the warranty: if a company sells a private label product like this, does it make the manufacturer's warranty any harder to work with? The contractor in this case is a relatively new business and I have concerns that they'll stand the test of time. I might roll the dice to get the great price, but only if the mfr warranty will continue to protect me if the contractor folds.

I apologize if this has been discussed before, was unable to find anything with a search. (The term "warranty" comes up a LOT on here :)

HomeSealed

Re: Manufacturer warranty for private-label windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

No issue with private label warranty.

My bigger concerns here would be the overall "uneasiness" that you mentioned in the other thread. Fine window, but trust your gut if you just don't love these guys. If you have yet to find a company that makes you feel at ease, as painful as it may be, you may want to keep looking.

SethPetryJohnson

Re: Manufacturer warranty for private-label windows

#3 Post by SethPetryJohnson »

Thanks for the reply.

There are 2 dealers I'm pretty happy with so far, the Softlite dealer and one selling a Sprouse window that I actually really like at a very affordable price, but I suspect many of you would tell me it's not made as well and won't hold up as long as the SL. I'll likely do soffit work with those folks though because the sales guy has been great.

The only thing holding me back was the Kensington guy who keeps sweetening the pot, but I agree that it seems fishy.

If the private label warranty had been an issue it would have been a very easy decision, but I think I've made it regardless.

I hope some of my friends or family buy new windows soon; I feel like such a window nerd these days and could talk for hours about this stuff :)