Window Quote for Minnesota

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
harleywindowofmn

Window Quote for Minnesota

#1 Post by harleywindowofmn »

Minnesota Window and basement door quote.

This is a great place to get reviews, and advice on windows or doors.
We are replacing about 16 windows depending on how the sales quote classified a few windows. Half of the windows face north and have others face south. which cook in the summer. We are replacing single pane windows and moved in 2 years ago.The project includes a large window opening about 108 inches. A picture with double hung, casement or slider options. Another large window opening that is about 75 inches with slider, casement or double hung options. The rest are all double hung options. Sounds like everything can be done with inserts and not a full fame will be needed. I have found out that Okna is not available at all in Minnesota. So the choices that I found were the Renewal By Anderson, Revere Berkshire Elite, Sunrise Standard, Sunrise Restoration, Sofelite Elements, Richlin, Hayfield, Polaris and Zen windows.

Company A does both the Revere Bershire Elite and the Sunrise Standard.
Both come with a lifetime warranty on the glass, frame, and glass breakage.
20 years on labor.
Ver impressed with the company since they have been in business for awhile.
Revere quote was $13040.
Slider option about was 600 less.

Sunrise Standard quote came in at 17% more, which was about $15256
The door offered was a steel door with a frame by Albany doors with a 15 year warranty.
$1460.00.

Company B offered the Sofelite Elements and has been around since the 50's. Great Product but at the end, the salesperson did the hard sales tactic and turned us off a bit since they said what would work pitch. We countered and were scoffed at.
$17010 for the windows with a free upgrade to the triple pane.
Same warranty as above.
$2100 for a fiberglass door by Albany. $200 less for the steel

Company C offered Richlin and wanted to push the full frame replacement windows option even after saying the frames were fine.
$19000 finally with inserts with a lifetime everything warranty. Door option, We find it they install it.

Company D
Zen Nirvana came in at $13295
Zen Lotus came in at $14845
The door came in at $2850 and by 3.0 desinger door that is local.
Could not find installation reviews but it sounds like they have been around for awhile and also do the installation.
Is the Lotus worth the extra money.

Company E
Renewal
$31000 yikes

Waiting on Polaris which wiil be Unishield and a company that will do the Sunrise Restoration line.

My dilemma, we still have a few more construction projects, driveway and pianting of the whole house.
We need to make or house more energy efficient here in Minnesota.

Thank you
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Windows on Washington

Re: Window Quote for Minnesota

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Element is the hands down winner. I imagine that a guy selling and Elements window is probably concerned with performance and the like. That being the case, he would be my first pick for overall based on that logic.

harleywindowofmn

#3 Post by harleywindowofmn »

Pros cons
I still have more projects
Great window but 20k was still to high

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I arrive at $19,110 based on the numbers you provided in the previous post.

Still a good chunk of change, but is anyone else quoting triple pane here? They are and if you are wanting a fair comparison, you have to at least get them to quote you double pane or to get the other folks to spec as triple pane.

Do the Sunrise or Zen Lotus quote specify triple pane?

If they do and you are quoting comparable glass packages, the Elements is still the hands down performance and durability king of that ground and you are only about $1,500 apart from the Lotus and $2,400 from the Sunrise. At that point, the Elements is definitely worth the about 10-12% premium.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. The Elements is the easy winner here even if the glass is double pane, but triple pane seals that. Standard Sunrise would be worthy of heavy consideration at a slight discount if we were talking casements (I actually PREFER the Sunrise casement over SL), but for DH's and SL's the Elements is the elite performance option here, and seems to be middle of the road in your prices when all things are considered.

harleywindowofmn

#6 Post by harleywindowofmn »

Thank you to you both of you on this project.
Just wish there more of your types up here in Minnesota!

So Sunrise Restoration came in with an honest presentation, quality of workmanship, was very knowledgeable about their product, plus the competition, gave a great deal that took or budget into consideration as well, treated us well and will be earning our trust on this project for the window and doors.

Thank you again

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Restorations line is a very, very solid performer as well.

You will often here that window, the Elements, and the upper end Okna all mentioned in the same breath. Can't go wrong with anyone from that line up.

Happy 4th of July!!!

harleywindowofmn

#8 Post by harleywindowofmn »

My wife and I were very impressed with the product and the company. No pressure at all.
Nice to know that there are still honest companies out there.

Have a great 4th of July

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

Solid choice, it will serve you well. Great to hear that you found a company that you like as well, that is very much as important as the actual product.