selecting two double hung vinyl windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
musiclvr56

selecting two double hung vinyl windows

#1 Post by musiclvr56 »

Size 30 3/4 x 40 3/8".. Price from a company for two Harvey classic windows 30 3/4" x 40 3/8" -$1,150, including carpentry, removing and disposing of windows, etc. I think the windows are about $250 each so it is $650 for labor-was told it would take three hours-that's $215 an hour-am I wrong to think that is crazy?

I looked into Pella windows but there were too many complaints, including filings with Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau. Many writers said to stay away from these windows, poorly made, all sorts of problems, etc.

I looked into Alside because there is a local dealer but would be hesitant in buying this windows after reading several negative reviews.

If I buy the windows myself, I would need an installer. I know just as important as purchasing a good window is having a good installer. I have not had much luck in hiring contractors so this may not be a good way for me to go.

TheWindowNerd

Re: selecting two double hung vinyl windows

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Do they have to advertise so you know how to find them?
Do they have to come out to eval and show you products?
Do they have to come and measure?
Do they have to answer all your questions?
Is your project low volume?
Are they insured?
Do they run a sustainable business so that you can get service if you need it?

IMHO not a bad price for your olw volume project.

HomeSealed

Re: selecting two double hung vinyl windows

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Under $600 ea installed for a mid-grade window, small job. That's actually priced pretty low by most definitions.