Okna 500 -vs- Berkshire Elite Double Pane -vs- Berkshire Elite Tripe Pane

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Mike_in_NC

Okna 500 -vs- Berkshire Elite Double Pane -vs- Berkshire Elite Tripe Pane

#1 Post by Mike_in_NC »

Greeting All.. I'm new to this discussion board and hope to benefit from your experience and sage advice. My wife and I are looking to replace 38 double hung + (1) 4'x5' picture + (2) circle top windows. I have estimates from the local Okna dealer at $24.5k, and two estimate from Windows Universe for Berk. Elite Dbl Pane at $19.2K and the Berk. Elite Triple pane at $21.5K - Windows from both companies have Energy Star Glass Package with Low-E Glass & Argon Gas Filled with the Okna and Berk. Elite Dbl pane having similar Energy Ratings -- the Berk. Elite Triple pane - Energy Rating is better than both. What would be your recommendation given the above choices based on product longevity - since my wife and don't plan to selll this home and will likely retire here.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Okna 500 -vs- Berkshire Elite Double Pane -vs- Berkshire Elite Tripe Pane

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The Okna 500 DX is a much better window.

TheWindowNerd.com

randy

#3 Post by randy »

Since you are looking for long-term durability and performance, the Okna is far superior in construction and therefore the best choice.

Mike_in_NC

#4 Post by Mike_in_NC »

Guys, Thank You for your timely response and candid advice -- We plan to go with the Okna -- though the total project cost is a bit higher I'm now convinced the added cost is worth it.. Thank You again for your quick response.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

You’re very welcome. Let us know how the project goes.