Triple Pane

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
johnny

Triple Pane

#1 Post by johnny »

These are two follow-up questions to my earlier question concerning Sunrise. Living in SW Ohio and assuming that I can afford it, do you recommend upgrading to triple-pane? If so, given Sunrise's reportedly weaker frames, are you OK with me upgrading to a triple-pane on a Sunrise Vanguard frame? Thanks again.

Windows on Washington

Re: Triple Pane

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Yes and depending on size and reinforcement, also yes.

johnny

#3 Post by johnny »

So if the prices are more or less equal and the installers are all reputable, which do you choose - Vytex Fortis, Sunrise Vanguard, or Polaris Thermaweld Plus?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

The sunrise vanguard will be number 1 out of the 3.

toddinmn

#5 Post by toddinmn »

Dead last.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Tough to really rank those guys for me. They could all be 1st through 3rd depending on the batch.

I consider them to be mostly equivalent with the fit and finish probably being the nicest on the Vanguard.

Again...my opinion but there are no shortage of those around so I figured I would throw my in the hat as well.

toddinmn

#7 Post by toddinmn »

Are you saying that each batch varies enough with each brand that one made one week might be better than the other depending on the week that one was made?

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

toddinmn wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 pm Are you saying that each batch varies enough with each brand that one made one week might be better than the other depending on the week that one was made?
No...I was referring to the batch of scotch I would be drinking while on the the install.

But yes...the QA/QC batch. The last two batches of Polaris windows (a company I am a staunch proponent of) were absolutely abyssal. I had to send them back they were that bad.

Now...I don't color my entire opinion of Polaris through that lens of recency, but my point is that all of our experiences are entirely anecdotal and majority influenced by what can be small runs QA/QC issue.

Look...I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can tell you that had you asked me about Okna on a few occasions over the past 10-12 years, I probably would have swore them off if you caught me at the wrong time. Every manufacturer has bumps in the road but I stand by the idea that Sunrise (with the reinforcement) belongs in that conversation with the Fortis and anything from Polaris.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#9 Post by masterext »

“I don’t color my entire opinion of Polaris through that lens of recency”
Eric, are you a poet from England ? What is a lens of regency? Lol

toddinmn

#10 Post by toddinmn »

I am using my lens of past. Perhaps they are better now. I view there problems more of a design flaw then quality control. I have no problem if you have a problem with Polaris, and think you should say so.