Max Casement size?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
curls

Max Casement size?

#1 Post by curls »

We are looking to put in new windows, and all but 1 company has told me they can't put in a 50% casement on my window that is 6 ft wide by 4ft tall. Is the lone one that says they can out to lunch???

TIA

PK

#2 Post by PK »

If by 50% you mean a casement with two operation sashes, I dont see why they couldn't. The company I deal with will do up to 36" x 80" on each operating sash.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Who would that be?

PK

#4 Post by PK »

Harvey Ind , Ive never done one that big, however my book says for a two lite venting casement: Max Width: 71-1/4" Max Height 80" Max UI 151" Venting lites cannot exceed 116 UI Sash reinforced @ 60-1/8" or greater Gonna be a pricey window though

Tru_blue

Maxed out

#5 Post by Tru_blue »

If 116 U.I. is the maximum that Harvey Ind. will make a 2-wide casement, then the size that is needed in the original post is not available from them, since 6' x 4' exceeds the maximum allowable U.I.

That lone company that Curls mentioned could very well make them that size; there's numerous manufacturers that can. From what I've seen, there are some vinyl window manufactureres that can do them in that size (they better be reinforced), and MANY wood/clad manufacturers than can.