Two quotes so far

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
shbrowns

Re: Two quotes so far

#16 Post by shbrowns »

toddinmn wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:00 pm The Pro-Via Endure is pretty much the same window as the Thermalweld Plus.
How do people feel about the companies/products mentioned?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#17 Post by masterext »

toddinmn wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:00 pm
The Pro-Via Endure is pretty much the same window as the Thermalweld Plus.
No its not. Two totally different windows.

toddinmn

#18 Post by toddinmn »

Maybe I’m wrong, I thought they both based on the same extrusions. Looks like a nice window regardless.

shbrowns

#19 Post by shbrowns »

masterext wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:13 am
toddinmn wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:00 pm
The Pro-Via Endure is pretty much the same window as the Thermalweld Plus.
No its not. Two totally different windows.
Which is better in your experience?

toddinmn

#20 Post by toddinmn »

I’m only familiar with the Polaris, might have to stop by Th e ProVia dealer to have a hands on look.

HomeSealed

#21 Post by HomeSealed »

I won't speak for others, but I'd say that there can still be some pretty major differences in quality and performance even when the extrusion is the same. The extrusion is really just the baseline material, it still needs QC in assembly, glass selection, spacer, weatherstripping, hardware, foam (or lack thereof) and an array of other details. Kind of like entry doors that use the same slab, but still need finishing and construction of the finished unit which can be night and day... That said, I'd agree with Todd that both options are solid, both made by reputable manufacturers, and should have a similar look and performance in this case. The Provia is a third option worth considering, I'd not recommend the others.

toddinmn

#22 Post by toddinmn »

They are built on the same extrusion?

shbrowns

#23 Post by shbrowns »

HomeSealed wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:31 pm I won't speak for others, but I'd say that there can still be some pretty major differences in quality and performance even when the extrusion is the same. The extrusion is really just the baseline material, it still needs QC in assembly, glass selection, spacer, weatherstripping, hardware, foam (or lack thereof) and an array of other details. Kind of like entry doors that use the same slab, but still need finishing and construction of the finished unit which can be night and day... That said, I'd agree with Todd that both options are solid, both made by reputable manufacturers, and should have a similar look and performance in this case. The Provia is a third option worth considering, I'd not recommend the others.
Both options meaning what?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#24 Post by masterext »

toddinmn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 pm They are built on the same extrusion?
No, they are different extrusions.

HomeSealed

#25 Post by HomeSealed »

toddinmn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 pm They are built on the same extrusion?
My mistake Todd, I thought that was what you were alluding to. Your comment on them being the same is even more puzzling if that is not the case. I know that the Provia unit shares its extrusion with a handful of other products, I assumed that the Polaris model was one of them.

shbrowns, the two that I was referring to are the Polaris and Provia. I'd throw the Sunrise in as well, with all three being in the same ballpark for quality and performance.

masterext

#26 Post by masterext »

Provia uses a Deceuninck extrusion whereas polaris does not. Bear in mind, there are a few variations of the Deceuninck design. I have seen at least 3 differemt versions myself, all being somewhat similar but definitely different.

HomeSealed

#27 Post by HomeSealed »

masterext wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:27 pm Provia uses a Deceuninck extrusion whereas polaris does not. Bear in mind, there are a few variations of the Deceuninck design. I have seen at least 3 differemt versions myself, all being somewhat similar but definitely different.
That is what I was referring to. I mistakenly assumed that Polaris used it as well based on the comment about them being the "same".