Sunrise (base - not essentials) vs Soft-lite Imperial LS

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mets914

Sunrise (base - not essentials) vs Soft-lite Imperial LS

#1 Post by mets914 »

I have two identical quotes (well one matched the other) for these two windows. I am getting several sliders replaced. From everything I have read, it seems like they are pretty similar. The feedback seems to be the sunrise is more attractive (by a little) and the soft-lite is a bit stronger. Is this fairly accurate? Given the same price point, should I just be picking which company I like better or is there something else to look out for? Thanks so much!

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise (base - not essentials) vs Soft-lite Imperial LS

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The LS is the more robust and engineering intensively designed unit.

As long is the slider is well installed (level, plumb and square), either should be more than sufficient. The LS probably has a bit tighter air infiltration number and is a bit more loaded in the sense that it has the reinforcement in it.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Between the two, i would have to ho with the Imperial LS based on a more robust design with regards to sldier windows. I think sldier windows , especially larger, should have reinforcement. That said, both are well made.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree with the others that on product alone, the LS is superior. The caveat of course is the installation. If that and the company providing it seem much more competent with one company or the other, that could push a decision one way or the other as the difference in product is not drastic.... If you like the LS product a little more, and the Sunrise installer a little more, then do some deeper digging or throw a dart.

mets914

#5 Post by mets914 »

The install companies are some of the highest rated in the area. One was a little pushy, so I'm not sure I want to reward them. I plan to get grids; is there something about the spacer I need to know for the LS?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

I dont know if i would dismiss a company simply for being a little pushy. A salesman needs to make a living, nothing wrong with that. If they crossed a line, thats different.

mets914

#7 Post by mets914 »

Not dismissing, but just deciding between the 2 and the LS seems to be the winner. And the salesman for the Sunrise happens to be pushy. Just a small negative but when deciding between 2 products, all data is important.

toddinmn

#8 Post by toddinmn »

You have a clear cut winner then!

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 to Todd's comment.

If you liked both the process and the product from the one guy, and the product is a bit more well engineered, seems like slam dunk.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Agreed....
I'd also agree with masterext above about the guy that maybe is a little more aggressive to get your business. Feeling a little bit of urgency from a sales guy just means that he's doing his due diligence, but certainly trying to pressure you, strong arm you, or lie to you is another story entirely.
Either way, it sounds like you feel better about the company that in this case has the product performance edge as well, so as the others said: SLAM DUNK. Congrats.

mets914

#11 Post by mets914 »

Thanks everyone. I am signing the proposal today for the soft lite.

mets914

#12 Post by mets914 »

Does anyone have any thoughts re: full screen vs. half screen on a slider window? Would one side let bugs in due to it not being sealed as tightly as when moved to the other side? Thanks!

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

The half screens are usually weatherstripped...but a full screen is going to be ultimately better with bugs.

The offset is your will loose a bit of light.

HomeSealed

#14 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Just know that on a half screen, while it can slide back and forth, it only seals when it is over the inner sash panel. If you move it to the other side there is a gap.
Half vs full is personal preference more than anything, and unless you really want to have both sash panels partially open, the main factor is aesthetics/light.

toddinmn

#15 Post by toddinmn »

I tend to like full screens on sliders