Replacement window ADVICE NEEDED - Rock Hill South Carolina

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
DPG003

Replacement window ADVICE NEEDED - Rock Hill South Carolina

#1 Post by DPG003 »

Hi, I am new to this forum and have been checking out different replacement window recommendations and reviews. There is so much information available to take in as well as differences in opinion (which is to be expected) that it's a bit overwhelming.

I am looking to replace the windows in my home here in Rock Hill SC which was built in the mid 70's. I am interested in a really good mid-range quality vinyl replacement window and someone from my area who will install them properly.

Didn't know if anyone on this board was familiar with the area that I live and could make some recommendations on an installer and/or some specific quality mid-range window models that are available here. Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement window ADVICE NEEDED - Rock Hill South Carolina

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

You should have most of the well regarded brands available to you in South Carolina.

Soft-Lite Elements, Sunrise Restorations, Kensington Quantum 2, and Okna EnviroStar are all pretty well regarded vinyl windows.

AKHS

#3 Post by AKHS »

Call Randy at G&S Contracting in Mooresville. It's a bit of a hike from Rock Hill but I've been impressed with his low-pressure, professional demeanor. The company has been around for a long time installs many brands. NOTE: G&S has not installed windows for me. After seeing many larger firms with "sign today and save 60%" tactics, it was refreshing to deal with someone with no gimmicks. I'm close to signing a contract with them, so I suggest you feel them out to see if the fit is good for you.

DPG003

#4 Post by DPG003 »

Windows On Washington thanks for those brand recommendations!

AKHS you mentioned G&S Contracting in Mooresville. Is he providing you with any references? Also do you know what brands they represent? Thanks