Philly Suburb window replacement help

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Njones007

Philly Suburb window replacement help

#1 Post by Njones007 »

Hi,

Over the past month I've been getting estimates from home advisor for replacement windows. I also reached out to window world and window universe for quotes. I thought my research was good and was about to commit but I found this forum and it opened my eyes that I might be making a bad decision.

My project includes removing 3 identical sized 3x5 wood windows that are connecting as my front porch window. I want to replace the 3 windows with a 3-lite slider or 3-lite casement window. I've had quotes all over the place and I need some help deciding or what other window brands I can find in my area.

Quotes I received for 3 lite window slider:
Window world - 4000 series - $1600
Window Universe - Berkshire Elite - $1400
Ardmor windows - Advanced Window Corp - $1829

My plans are to move to a new home within the next 7 years but I have to replace these windows now due to cracks in glass and overall condition.

Windows on Washington

Re: Philly Suburb window replacement help

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you are trying to get them done and aren't terribly concerned about a super quality unit, the Window Universe will probably fit the bill here.

Njones007

#3 Post by Njones007 »

I am worried about quality but also wasn't looking to spend $3k for one window replacement. I'm hearing that the berkshire elite maybe entry level and I would like something at least mid-level to upper mid-level.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Its not my favorite, but if it is installed well...its a decent window. It will fall short on some of the higher end data points out there.

fridge2020

#5 Post by fridge2020 »

I'd do an installation like this with high performance product and stainless steel screws for $1669.
-Dwayne

Ps. I'd recommend getting more bids for better windows.

Njones007

#6 Post by Njones007 »

I'm working on getting new quotes now. I have one so far which is:
Karma Window (150159XOX)(3 lite slider, 150-159 UI) White / double pane / LowE / argon / welded corners / virgin vinyl / full screens/ two grids - $1508 installed