replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
debbie

replacement windows

#1 Post by debbie »

i have never replaced windows in my home and have recently had several quotes from contractors to install various windows. i have never heard of simington windows. does anyone know of simington and their quality? in addition, what windows are the best. i am considereing a garden window in the kitchen. is this a good idea? debbie

randy

#2 Post by randy »

Simonton is a very large manufacturer, and they make some very good windows, some adequate windows, and some poor windows. We would have to know more about the specific windows that you were quoted to give you an honest opinion of the quality and the value.

It also helps to know what state your in, as there are some regional windows that may be good alternatives. The opinions you receive on the garden window may also vary by region of the country. In the deep South, with extreme heat, garden windows can be problematic, while in the North and Central parts of the U.S. garden windows may hold up very well.

debbie

simington windows

#3 Post by debbie »

i live in Ohio. the contractor who has proposed the simington windows is only saying, "simington windows." i know our local lowes store carries pella but truthfully i dont know anything about windows, and i do need new ones. my home was hit by hail a couple of weeks ago, and i need to replace my siding, too. i have a small insurance check with big prices on everything. i've had 4 contractors out to give me prices and not one has shown me the windows i would be buying. debbie

randy

#4 Post by randy »

If you will e-mail me, I will put you in touch with someone who can help you locally. You might also request an estimate through this site.

randy@cehouston.com