Home Depot Simonton Winodws

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
nalyd61

Home Depot Simonton Winodws

#1 Post by nalyd61 »

Anyone have experience with the 6500 series HD sells for installs? HD came out last week and gave me a quote of 590 a window. I liked the window. I had Pella come out last night and the guy beat up Vinyl windows and their reliabilty durability. He was selling the fiberglass window which I also liked but the window was almost 200 bucks more a window.
I also had someone come out with Harvey winodws. They were more reasonable (420 pr window) but I didn't like the look compared to simonton and pella.
Anyone out their have any thoughts? My head is spinning
Thanks
Chris

bluemax

Re: Home Depot Simonton Winodws

#2 Post by bluemax »

nalyd61 wrote:Anyone have experience with the 6500 series HD sells for installs? HD came out last week and gave me a quote of 590 a window. I liked the window. I had Pella come out last night and the guy beat up Vinyl windows and their reliabilty durability. He was selling the fiberglass window which I also liked but the window was almost 200 bucks more a window.
I also had someone come out with Harvey winodws. They were more reasonable (420 pr window) but I didn't like the look compared to simonton and pella.
Anyone out their have any thoughts? My head is spinning
Thanks
Chris
Simonton has a great product but is way overpriced if you buy it installed from Home Depot. Find a reputable independent installer and you can get the Simonton 5500 series ( same as HD's 6500) for a huge savings) Home Depot quoted my house this year for the same window and came in at 600 bucks a piece, about 200 dollars higher than the comparable Simonton 5500 installed.