ACCU WELD BAY WINDOWS - ACCURA Windows at LOWES

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
denarth

ACCU WELD BAY WINDOWS - ACCURA Windows at LOWES

#1 Post by denarth »

I am looking for some advise on Accu-weld vinyl windows
Has anybody used them and what is your opinion. They can be purchased through Lowes in the Philadelphia area - they are Mfg in Bensalem Pa.

Lowes uses the name Accura

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TL HillsboroughNJ

Accuweld windows - nightmare

#2 Post by TL HillsboroughNJ »

Purchased Accuweld windows (singles and twins) and sliding door (9'). Factory mulls were so poor that wind moved the blinds. Sliding door moving panel warps on a warm afternoon and will not close. During the winter, ice formed on the inside of the mullions. Both myself and Lowes of Hillsborough, NJ have been trying to get this resolved from Accuweld since October of 2004. On one twin window the glazing beads (which are on the outside) popped off. It took them months to send new beads in in the meantime, the water froze under the pane and cracked the glass. Still trying to get a new pane, two sent so far were damaged (waiting for third).

Accuweld customer service has been very poor, both to me and to the local Lowes. They only acted somewhat when corporate in Carolina called them. My advice is stay away from their products. I will never sell an Accuweld product to a customer. Been told that local Lowes is not really giving them anymore business because of all this.

Upnote: Chance of dying of carbon monoxide poisoning is very low with Accuweld twin windows in your home....very nice air infiltration. :wink: