Northeast Building Prodcuts

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
SL60

Northeast Building Prodcuts

#1 Post by SL60 »

I live in the Philadelphia area and am investigating different windows. Outside of Pella, which is too pricy for me, I have not received any concensus about which window manufacturers are best. I have heard some positive things about Northeast Building Products. Has anyone used these for vinyl replacement windows? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Delaware Mike

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Contractor's grade window. Priced and made for lower income areas around Philly. Might be a decent buy for around $350 a window installed with standard wood removal. At that price I would want a very good contractor to install, not a wholesale type of dealer with fly by night subs.

With the increased cost of everything associated with the window industry many of my competitors are downgrading the brands and quality of their windows instead of raising their prices. One company for example had Gorrell then moved to Silverline and now I believe they have something even cheaper if you can believe that. Yet, they are still charging over $700 per window for a double-glazed window!

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

Cheaper than Silverline??? Must be a tarp with duct tape. Double-pane... Ok two tarps.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

When I first got into sled dog racing in the late 80's, I went to a world class musher's house in northern Minnesota because I wanted to buy a dozen really great dog's to replace the dogs I had been running from my brother's recreational kennel. I went into the house, and that's what all the windows were...2 layers of visquene. Had been for years since they built the place.
I asked if they might be interested in a window for dog swap and they replied with an enthusiastic yes. We did the deal, and with my own labor to install the windows, I ended up with my first racing team at a much lower price than if I had payed cash. Within 3 years, I had almost 70 dogs.
When I went to Alaska a couple years later to race, double pane visquene was the norm in a lot of the cabins and homes where I was at. Not sure of the u-value. They get the shell of the home or cabin up and move in....then finish the place over the next 10-20 years. Seeing a place with windows and siding was an oddity. But then again I guess I shouldn't have been surprised... the first day I was there I was told I looked like I didn't belong there....I had too many teeth. :D