Should you tip the installers?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Baker

Should you tip the installers?

#1 Post by Baker »

MY windows are finally in and they will be installing them tommorw. Is it customary to tip the installer or no?

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

NO. It is customary to tip the internet advisors. We accept all major credit cards as well as gift certificates by mail. If you still have the desire to tip the installers, it is very important that you tell them that "WE" approved the action and therefore deserve a 50% split.

If they dispute such an action, they are entitled to nothing and you should refer to the first method of payment mentioned.

Thank you.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

LMAO!

What I always liked was when the homeowner would get things like morning doughnuts or maybe instead some lunch and sodas.
That kind of thing makes you feel welcome in the customers home and appreciated. Other nice things I appreciated were things such as being given a bag of tomatoes or sweet corn from the garden (in season) at the end of the day. Small niceties such as that can make a job of replacing the windows a more pleasurable experience for the installers, and I think you may even benefit a little on how your job turns out....a happy worker is a productive worker. I think that is true in any profession.

Guy

#4 Post by Guy »

Fen, your busting out humor. I like that!! Good one!

As for tipping I agree with W4U on the little snacks for the boys. It makes them feel more comfortable on the job. My installers are given tips a lot. I never ask for anything in return and encourage them to keep up the craftsmanship and professionalism. If you as a customer feel your installers really went the extra mile and did an exceptional job, then tip away. It makes them as installers feel appreciated for the work they do. It also gives them the initiative to do the best they can on every job. It's all up to you though. It just shows them that you think they've done an exceptional job.