just signed an Anlin contract! Help!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sdw

just signed an Anlin contract! Help!

#1 Post by sdw »

Talk about high pressure salesman! I just placed an order on 14 single hung Anlin windows for $8900, which includes wrap and tax. I wanted to find out if this was a good price (approx. $635 per window). I live in Southern California.

I'm still looking at other manufacturers, in particular Certainteed and Windor. Will be getting a Windor quote tomorrow. Would love any constructive advice/info on any of these brands.

Also, regarding wrapping the trim, I ran into one installer that only wraps the sill. Is this common? I would think the preferred way would be a full wrap...am I wrong in thinking this?

Thanks in advance!

joe123

Re: just signed an Anlin contract! Help!

#2 Post by joe123 »

sdw wrote:Talk about high pressure salesman! I just placed an order on 14 single hung Anlin windows for $8900, which includes wrap and tax. I wanted to find out if this was a good price (approx. $635 per window). I live in Southern California.

That's a HIGH BID.

I live in Southern California too and I am buying 21 CertainTeed windows with Brick Mold Fin, 1 slider all for under 7k which includes tax and delivery.

What I don't like about Analiin windows is that they DO NOT have an even sight line on the frame. Look at the frame from the outside and you will notice rigth away.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

Anlin is one of the best windows on the west coast for retrofit produts. It is a bit high, but you do get what you pay for with them. From what I hear about the schucco window, it is the West coast comparable window. For fun, wonder who used to make Certainteed windows about 8 years ago. The Anilin plant. Certianteed decided to start making their own windows and Anlin was formed. Not sure all the details, but the Anlin window is nice and I prefer it over the Certainteed any day of the week.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

Without knowing more about the installation, the price you paid does sound a little high, particularly since your only getting single hungs. If your home is stucco, and the original frame is to be left intact, your price is high.

The Anlin window does seem to have a pretty good reputation among West Coast companies.

kris

#5 Post by kris »

That is not a bad price if it includes window wraps. A typical window wrap is going to cost between 75 and 125 dollars, depending on whether you have a slope sill and stucco stop or just simple 1 X 4 or 2 X 4 trim. As for comparing to certainteed; are you considering the full or slim frame insulate, somerton or the bryn mawr II? All three are certainteed products sold in your area. Ask for a list of references; especially those that have window wraps, and compare workmanship.