Price to upgrade to CimaTech elite

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Justneedwindows

Price to upgrade to CimaTech elite

#1 Post by Justneedwindows »

Thanks to those to responded to my previous question.

Just to refresh I am getting 14 DH alside Excalibur windows installed in my home.

I talked to my installer. He said that the price to upgrade from "standard" Low e glass and argon gas filled windows to the ClimaTech elite glass package was $50. Does this sounds right?

Thanks agan,

Amanda

Windows on Washington

Re: Price to upgrade to CimaTech elite

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Per window or for the 14 total?

Justneedwindows

#3 Post by Justneedwindows »

Per window

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

No, not really. The option price is not nearly that expensive.

What was he charging you for that window in its previous format?

Justneedwindows

#5 Post by Justneedwindows »

$200 per window before the upgrade and he was quoting $250 after. I talked to him today and he agreed to $230 per window. Gosh... I hope I didn't get taken for a fool

WindowInfo

#6 Post by WindowInfo »

Justneedwindows wrote:$200 per window before the upgrade and he was quoting $250 after. I talked to him today and he agreed to $230 per window. Gosh... I hope I didn't get taken for a fool
$230 a window installed is pretty cheap. Make sure to check his reference (call them!) and look at his past installs. Is he capping the outside casings?

Justneedwindows

#7 Post by Justneedwindows »

WindowInfo wrote:
Justneedwindows wrote:$200 per window before the upgrade and he was quoting $250 after. I talked to him today and he agreed to $230 per window. Gosh... I hope I didn't get taken for a fool
$230 a window installed is pretty cheap. Make sure to check his reference (call them!) and look at his past installs. Is he capping the outside casings?
:oops: I guess I have to live with the fact that he pulled one over on me. He does have a good reputation in the area.

However, what does Is he capping the outside casings? mean exactly. I will ask, but I would like to act like I know what I am talking about when I ask.

Also, you have a better idea of what I should be paying for the ClimaTech elite I woule LOVE to know that as well.

Thanks

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Capping is bending a maintance free cover and applying it to the exterior wood frame, it is usually done with smooth painted aluminum trim coil.