Denver replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kryan

Denver replacement windows

#1 Post by kryan »

Hi: We live in Denver and just had the RBA salesperson over. We are replacing 12 original metal frame windows in a house built in 1957. They weep, freeze inside etc. The quote was, after some haggling, $20 large. To be fair there are three rather large windows and the rest are basically 36 x 52 and two smaller bath windows. I almost fell over. Anyway, anyone know of a good window and quality install team in Denver? A contractor (he liked Traco) came over and banged his samples in our house so my wife nixed him. Many people on our street have Pella. I've read the installation is the key, but I also want a good solid window. We also will probably not be moving. I have no prob with vinyl etc. I just want a good quality product and a quality installation team, good performance and a good warranty. HELP! Thanks, kevin

flygirl

#2 Post by flygirl »

Denver is a strange market...extreme weather, but not so much in the way of stringent codes for the energy efficiency of the windows. Having sold windows in that market "in a previous life", my experience tells me to use vinyl or fiberglass rather than wood simply due to the weather issues you experience and having had the least amount of problems with the materials suggested. I'm a Milgard fan and they have a location in Denver.

kryan

#3 Post by kryan »

Thanks flygirl - I've been reading up on Milgard so I appreciate the suggestion.